Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Goose - Whole 30 November page 11

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Day 18 -- Wholly Frigg'in Awesome Day!

On the eve of the 17th, I did an hour's worth of floor work -- core strength, yoga ball, mat work. Then had a great night's sleep.

Morning of the 18th -- woke up and made uber awesome breakfast: Omlette with tomato, onion, cheese, zuccheni and cilantro with a few sausages on the side. Don't forget a yummy coffee with whipping cream.

Then I took my fabulous and fun dog, Basil, on my walking route. We stopped in at the school yard and played for :45 minutes. Basil brought his ball with him, so after I did 20 assisted pull ups, we had fun sprinting across the school yard. Must have done 8 x 80m sprints at top speed --- Basil LOVED THE FUN IT THE GAME and so did I.

Then I took Basil home, switched into a lighter jogging jacket, and headed back out to the killer, 800m hill at a 16% grade -- it's a killer. With my ipod plugged into my ears, I spend the next hour running up said killer hill, and lightly jogging down. Cars passing were honking and waving because no one runs this hill --- it's so brutal. Then after the last frigg'in run up it, I did a light jog home...had a shower, and ready for school work. I never felt so great in my life!

The pulled pork that I made this weekend finally came out of the slow cooker this morning --- it's going to be great this week with salads or stirfry.

And lastly, I can definitely see a visible shrinkage in my tummy (across the belly area). I know I'm down 1/2" and I see that more loss will be forthcoming. I believe this to be a combination of increasing the core workouts, and eating about 400 more calories per day. My hair still seems to be falling out, but I hope that over the next weeks of increased carbs that that will even itself out. And if not, I'm looking on the bright side that if I'm bald, I'll have less wind resistance in my hill running --- it's all good.

Hope everyone is having a grand day! /Lu
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    Day 19

Wow so this weekend was a bit of a flop for me, terrible sleep, injuries, no gym time and too much food!
    Saturday night ended in too much vodka, AND i ate a heap of foccacia - yuk!! So while not Whole 30 compliant, at least it wasn't sugar - my real nemesis. Considering I had homemade macaroons shoved in my face I shouldnt feel so guilty.

Hangover on Sunday meant no gym for me, but I'm going tonight instead. Did go for an 90min walk with the bf though and spend the rest of the day fairly active, pottering round the house. Destroyed all the macadamias. Won't be buying those again in a hurry!!

Foods today -
    Coffee w/ coconut milk
    Hardboiled egg x2
    Capsicum and carrot snack
    Lunch - Snoked pork hock and braised cabbage
    Dinner - Post workout feed - chicken thighs and pesto, japanese sweet potato.

Never had jap sweet potato before, can you just cook it like a regular SP?

Sigh, Mondays super suck. I guess I have deadlifts to look forward too, but I still have residual guilt from the weekend Will be super good this week. It's all downhill from here folks!
    The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Goosejuggler View Post
    Day 19

Wow so this weekend was a bit of a flop for me, terrible sleep, injuries, no gym time and too much food!
    Saturday night ended in too much vodka, AND i ate a heap of foccacia - yuk!! So while not Whole 30 compliant, at least it wasn't sugar - my real nemesis. Considering I had homemade macaroons shoved in my face I shouldnt feel so guilty.

Hangover on Sunday meant no gym for me, but I'm going tonight instead. Did go for an 90min walk with the bf though and spend the rest of the day fairly active, pottering round the house. Destroyed all the macadamias. Won't be buying those again in a hurry!!

Foods today -
    Coffee w/ coconut milk
    Hardboiled egg x2
    Capsicum and carrot snack
    Lunch - Snoked pork hock and braised cabbage
    Dinner - Post workout feed - chicken thighs and pesto, japanese sweet potato.

Never had jap sweet potato before, can you just cook it like a regular SP?

Sigh, Mondays super suck. I guess I have deadlifts to look forward too, but I still have residual guilt from the weekend Will be super good this week. It's all downhill from here folks!
    I wouldn't sweat it: Your human, you had fun, (I LOVE foccacia!), and now get back to eating well. Just wait until my holidays in December --- I'm going to burn the midnight oil for 10 straight days! Oooo Rah!
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Yeah I did have a quite a bit of fun, but wish I hadn't have drunk so much. Being primal really makes it important to savour and enjoy indulgences and I didn't on sat night. I was drinking out a mug. And the foccacia wasn't even that good

Yes holidays!! Super super excited, enough to get me through the work week

just submitted my paper with one hour 'til deadline. only in one course now until dec 15th. killer year.
    F, 48, 5'10"

Boom! What are you studying?

Quote Originally Posted by Goosejuggler View Post
    Boom! What are you studying?
    Executive MBA --- 2 more courses in January 2013 * major paper to write and graduate by June 2013. It's been an intense years!
    F, 48, 5'10"

Whole 30 - DAY 20 - Movember

Sadly, no exercise today due to working and too much studying. Here was the awesome day of food thought:

Breakfast: 2 x bullet coffees (1 ounce of 35% whipping cream)
    Lunch: 1 caesar salad
    pm snack: 6 olives + 4 pork, breakfast sausages
    dinner -- wait for it ------- 3 ozs of INCREDIBLE BBQ steak (the cap portion). It was rare and perfect for me. Vegies: Artichokes which were to die for (see video below on how to prepare). I used coconut oil to fry and replaced flour with almond flour. Sprinkle grated romano cheese on top and you can eat them like candy. Brussel sprouts + tomato and cucumber + babaganosh. I did have a glass of red wine. Now -- back to the books -- no more slacking!

Hope everyone on this string has had a great day. It's HUMP DAY TOMORROW, PEOPLE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSt5_lzWMbg (I would like to clarify that I'm not the woman in the utube video -- but she's a good Italian sort ;p)

/LU

Fried Artichokes - YouTube
    F, 48, 5'10"

Day 21: Normally I would post something, but the echo in this forum is deafening. Hello, Movember, Whole 30'ers .....anybody out there?
    F, 48, 5'10"

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey! I'm here I've been at some ridiculous safety training for the past 2 days and so no internets for me! Now training is training and they feed people to keep the happy, but cake like 3 times a day? I brought my own lunch and just avoided the food when it was put out, it looked quite good Bah, all over now anyway.

Day 22

Yeeehaaa, past the 3 week mark, well done everyone!
    Food today - (hastily gathered together oddments from the fridge)
    Coffee w/coconut milk
    Protein shake
    Hardboiled eggs x 2
    Leftover salad and braised cabbage
    Dinner - ?? No idea, the fridge is pretty empty right now, it's gonna be a garbage meal.

My workout last night was pretty solid, and this morning I'm SURE I see a little belly fat decrease. Who knows? Will have to wait for before and after pics I suppose, I didn't measure myself when I started.

Hope you are having a good week Louisa!

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast