Thread: Duck eggs = thick pee? page

Knifegill is online now Senior Member

Duck eggs = thick pee?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    After I eat duck eggs, my pee is unusually...dense? Heavy? And a little foamy. It's not necessarily dark, since I drink plenty of water. It just seems really solid, like my body is throwing a lot of something into my urine. Any ideas? Google is worthless on this one.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    I would consider myself pretty knowledgeable about all things urine, but I am unaware of what "heavy pee" is. I can tell you that foaming = protein in the urine 99% of the time (not a good thing).

jsa23 is offline Senior Member
    The only significant difference between duck eggs and chicken eggs is that duck eggs have a lot more cholesterol than chicken eggs - about 2x on a per-weight basis. No idea why that would change the consistency of your urine.

Only thing I ever noticed was that if I went TOO high on the protein intake, my urine would sometimes turn cloudy. I took this as a signal that I was taking in too much of something, and dialed back the protein intake accordingly.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    I would consider myself pretty knowledgeable about all things urine, but I am unaware of what "heavy pee" is. I can tell you that foaming = protein in the urine 99% of the time (not a good thing).
    Is foaming different than normal bubbles? I've always covered the surface of the water completely with bubbles, there's just more of them from the duck eggs. Does anybody's pee not cover the water with bubbles?

Foamy urine can be caused by rapid urination. At times, when you delay going to the washroom, large amounts of urine gets collected in the bladder. Finally when you do urinate, you may end up urinating forcefully, in an attempt to let it all out as fast as possible. This causes the urine stream to hit the toilet bowl rapidly, thereby spearheading foam formation. Moreover, low amounts of fluid intake results in formation of concentrated urine, which also leads to foamy urine. Foamy urine caused by forceful urination or dehydration is not deleterious. However, try emptying your bladder with less force and drink lots of water. Check if the foam persists. If it persists, the underlying reason may be something else.
    Read more at Buzzle: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/foamy-urine-causes.html
    I do pee hard...
    Last edited by Knifegill; 10-30-2012 at 06:16 PM.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

CrazyCatLady is offline Member
    I hadn't noticed...and we mostly eat duck eggs and some goose. Store chicken eggs in the winter. But, I will say that there is something different in duck eggs. I made myself sensitive to them (really bad cramps and runny poo) by eating too many when we first got our ducks. I had to stop eating them for a month, then slowly build back up. Most days now I may have one or two, but sometimes I go a week without any.

I do sell some of my eggs to a woman who claims that her daughter is allergic to chicken eggs but can eat duck. Not sure how the allergy to chicken eggs was determined, but it sounds like chicken eggs make the girl feel like I did when I ate too many duck eggs.

I love my girls; Indian Runners, they are funny, and would not trade them for hens. Even if I can't eat as many eggs as I want.

I will keep an eye on my pee and see if there is a difference.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I do not bubble when I pee
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.