Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Life of a Primal College Student page 2

Cynere is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasue624 View Post
    You're doing great!

Believe me, it's MUCH HARDER when you have food around that's not primal than it will be on your own - even when broke.

If you have to, see if eating potato or white rice at home has the same effect on your health/weight as has eating random grainy things. I don't notice nearly the bad effects from potato/rice and am much less likely to give in to bad stuff lying around if I know that instead I could microwave a potato. If you're gonna cheat, cheat wisely!

Good job!
    Thanks, Sarasue. I don't think white rice would be a good idea because I tend to eat four servings at a time of it. As for white potatoes, I actually prefer sweet potatoes over them. White potatoes don't get me very excited. I really like winter squash though, perhaps I should buy more of that.

My biggest issues are how long it takes to prepare good food, and the inconvenience of it (portability especially). I have tried cooking up extra portions but somehow I either end up eating them before I get to use them at school or someone else eats them because they are even more convenient than terrible not-food. My family likes the taste of everything I cook, and they will eat it with gusto on bread and rice. I guess I need to stop being such a pansy and make meals happen.

On a sidenote, our two tag-along family members have left so it's just me, my grandparents, and a great grandparent. However, we have not gone back to regularly scheduled dinners for the most part. My mother donated me some resources last month to supplement food, and it was a feast.

Well, I am feeling that chicken today and it isn't terrible but it could be better. Today has been okay, I slept in until it felt like 3pm (lo and behold it was actually 9am). I was going to do a fitness assessment but I got hungry and made lunchbreakfast instead. I opted not to rush crazily to the school. I enjoy taking my time in the morning.

Breakfast: 1/2 sweet potato and 3tbs sour cream, about 1/6 lb of 85% ground beef, little rectangle of swiss cheese (cheese is starting to smell really bad to me), a couple slices of tomato

Lunch: 1/2 sweet potato and no sour cream, 1/3 lb 85% ground beef, two more little cheese rectangles, the rest of the tomato from breakfast, 3/4 cup or so of leftover spinach from a long eaten fritatta

Dinner: 12 pieces of salmon and vegetable sushi from the school convenience store (full of all sorts of unpronounceable things).

However, I ate at 10am, 3pm, and 6pm. I didn't get home until 11pm where I would have had to prepare my own fish before eating. I did not eat the one deep-fried fish fillet left on the plate either. I don't mind cooking the fish, but now I can cook it for tomorrow's lunch or breakfast. I also thoroughly enjoyed the sushi so I will call it a victory.

For the first time in a while I did not eat ketchup with my ground beef. I really wanted to around lunch but after I was full it didn't matter anymore. I also drank something like 2 liters of water today; I have been really thirsty. I found out that I fit in a size 9 pair of jeans that I have never been able to wear as I was too large when I obtained them. This is pretty significant because these jeans have no stretch in them whatsoever.

Celebrate the little victories I suppose. I am looking forward to doing the fitness assessment. Apparently I will receive information about my body fat composition as well as muscular endurance and flexibility. Speaking of flexibility, I have all sorts of sore muscles from pilates. It's not enough to keep me from comfortably walking to my classes, to the student union and up and down stairs though so I imagine I'll be fine. : )
    Last edited by Cynere; 11-27-2012 at 08:42 PM.

Wow, it has been two weeks.
    Well, I did some celebrating with friends which somehow led me to eat a myriad of weird things like jelly beans and the greater portion of a package of gingerbread flavored oreos. I also ate several chunks of a tiramisu that I made over the weekend. And then I ate food from Denny's including a fried appetizer sampler. I feel like crap and I drank a whole two liter of Coca Cola Zero today... by myself. I drank only three glasses of chlorinated water over three days. I want to sleep this sick off.

I am partly ashamed of myself and mostly just barfy.

Breakfast: Some 2am Denny's hobbit pot stew, bite of bread, several onion rings with marinara sauce, a chicken tender and a fried mozzarella stick
    Lunch: Leftover Denny's from 2am
    Dinner: Veggie stir fry with beef plus about a cup of rice
    Unnecessary After Dinner Snack: two mini Reese's cups

I'm going back to sleep to sleep this nasty off. Finals are over though, so that's a plus. I am a belching, nauseated eating machine.

Well, this morning there are no eggs and last night my grandparents used my tuna to make a macaroni salad. Two thirds of what they made is sitting in the fridge now. I think that they don't want to buy food anymore. I am not sure what's going on.

In a few hours I depart on a 3 week long out of state trip. I really wish my seborrheic dermatitis would go back into remission. I honestly think school-related stress has caused this to flare up as I am a very anxious person. My food cheating could have something to do with it. Regardless, I am a splotchy faced freak especially after a shower now. Eventually I will win.

Okay, I am back now. I ate all sorts of stuff I shouldn't have but I didn't gain any weight. My skin is clearer; I think it was stress. But I am starting to notice a distinct sensitivity to peppers. It's getting bad enough that I may need to not eat them at all.
    I have later classes this term so I should have more time to cook meals and be more prepared. We will see what the next term holds.

Today I went to a buffet and gorged on vegetables in oil (probably not good oil but better than ice cream), sushi, and cold shrimp and mussels. I also had some summer rolls without sauce as well. For going out, I think I did okay. I wasn't even tempted by the ice cream and cakes. I did have some cantaloupe though and I definitely ate too much food.
    Yesterday I managed 65g of carb or so with a 7% composition compared to fat and protein. I accidentally ate 10 eggs during the course of the day. My stomach let me know that was too many eggs (or my egg salad sat in the sun too long). I really need to get an insulated lunch box.
    My weight is still pretty much the same, within 8 oz really of 135.

I'm hovering around 130 now.
    This morning I had blueberries in heavy cream with a small amount of honey... and a separate fried chicken leg. Lunch was tuna salad, and dinner was a pot roast minus any white potatoes. I feel sort of sick as I ate too much pot roast; I should have just not eaten as I didn't feel like eating in the first place.

I purchased the One by Fitbit. Pretty fun little device. It's interesting to see how active I am during the day and when. I believe it's helping me to stay a little more active throughout the day.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    This morning I had a boiled egg and about a 1/4 or less of trail mix sans peanuts. It was mostly almonds, walnuts, cranberries and dark chocolate. Not the best though since the cranberries are sweetened.
    Lunch was a homemade frap from milk, Splenda, ice, little bit of ice cream syrups (1 tsp total), and instant espresso. After I made it I threw some heavy cream on top too.
    Dinner ended up being chicken gizzards, salsa and carrots. I just threw it together, after pressure cooking the gizzards, like a cold salad. Sort of a weird way to eat gizzards but I like it.

I have been sort of successful in slowly inching down. This morning I weighed in at 126.3 lbs. I am looking to get a body fat percentage test done. So far, the few I have had have been inaccurate. One month after my first, I was told my % went up by 4% or something. The first time it was taken, the lady pinched me really hard with the calipers. The second time, I didn't feel any pinch. Not to mention these people pinched totally different abdomen locations. Someone doesn't know what they are doing. Regardless, I am seeing a decrease in body measurements. All around though, including in bust.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12