Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: abi:naturalsupernatural page

abi
    abi is offline Member

abi:naturalsupernatural

Primal/paleo seems to just feel right, having been overweight pretty much since puberty, like most of you I have tried it all. Eventually, I got stuck on a CW lifestyle that had me almost vegetarian but needing to graze on chocolates/sweets for 'energy boosts' (abundantly available in a hospital, which is fortunately where I work and not where I live). I counteracted this dietary guilt with intense bursts of lycra'd mass aerobics and runs (I quit the gym last week).

I've always been vaguely interested in nutrition, dabbled in a broad spectrum of fasting, for various reasons, but always ended back on my default CW setting. The sense of empowerment from reading PB and the Paleo Solution (and all the blogs I can find - iheartgooglereader) makes me giddy, guess it appeals to the rebel in me....anyway I've never blogged much or enjoyed a big online presence, but reading this forum, other people's stories, journals and queries, has been invaluable. Almost one month in I feel better than I ever have before and suddenly all my 'unacheivables' challenge me rather than defeat me. Today I had my first Crossfit experience and realise that I need as much help as I can get, I thought a journal might just help....we'll see!

So my goals from this (and life in general) is to be fit and healthy so I can take full enjoyment in the wonderful life I have, savouring each exciting, adventurous minute.

Short term this means losing weight, cleaning up my diet and getting fit....to put figures on it: I'd like to weigh 75kg/165lbs by Christmas and be able to do 30 press-ups in a row....acheivable? I'd like to think so!

So SW 89kg/196lbs (02/10/12)
    CW 83.6kg/184lbs (30/10/12)
    GW 64kg/140lbs
    (I'm 5'8"/173cm)
    Proper, man press-ups: 3 (ok maybe 2 with good form...lol) 30/10/12

I havent calculated body fat percentages yet but hey gotta save something for the rainy days

abi
    abi is offline Member
    So today:
    B: coffee with almond milk
    L: leafy salad with olives and anchovies
    D: rump steak with cabbage+onion+bacon(x1rasher), coconut oil (1tsp)
    Snks: post-workout smoothie; two tablespoons of coconut milk with handful of raspberries and a pear, two squares 81% chocolate

WOD: hang pull cleans, dips - diane - 15kg bar, didn't manage proper cleans due to technique needing improvement and seriously modified dips (09:56-does it count since just a start? Dunno, but my body thinks it does) plus loads of squat practice.
    Walked 20mins x2 to and from box

abi
    abi is offline Member
    Morning,

Crappo joke for a Payday Wednesday (put on a Scottish accent):

What's the difference between Bing Crosby and Walt Disney?
    Bing sings and Walt doesnae

Hands up if you got it? (yeah I know, super rubbish joke)

abi
    abi is offline Member
    Cold, wet, windy day - can't even come close to East Coasters....

Serious attacks of the DOMS from yesterdays Crossfit...aah well, early to bed tonight

B: pot of tea
    L: avocado and lettuce
    D: 3 egg omelette with salmon fillet, onion, peppers and courgette - 2 large tsp coconut oil (aaah I'm so full, still not got over the finish-whats-on-your-plate syndrome)
    Snks: 2 tsp coconut milk, handful raspberries, ten macadamia nuts, 4 pieces 85% dark chocolate
    Last edited by abi; 10-31-2012 at 02:49 PM.

abi
    abi is offline Member
    Good morning, just checked today's WOD as planning 2nd Crossfit visit, and today could be the first time my body has done a V-sit up...hmmmm.

Profound thought for Thursday:
    "All men are frail, but you must admit that none is more frail than yourself." (Thomas a Kempis)

Coffee time, think I'll try it with coconut milk and oil today

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member

<Raises hand> Been to Scotland 4 or 5 times... gotta love the Firth of Forth..... and my favorite movie is Braveheart! Freeeeedooom! (sorry my faux Scotish accent is pretty horrid)

abi
    abi is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post

<Raises hand> Been to Scotland 4 or 5 times... gotta love the Firth of Forth..... and my favorite movie is Braveheart! Freeeeedooom! (sorry my faux Scotish accent is pretty horrid)
    Congrats! I'm sure they'll be screening Braveheart more than a few times in the run up to the independence referendum...but thinking about tense political voting, are all you Americanos ready for your polling stations?

So today I got d.e.s.t.r.o.y.e.d by the WOD, ha serious abs issues don't think I'll be able to straighten up tomorrow, so if I don't want to keep being last in class I got some work to do there.

B: coffee with 1tsp of coconut oil and 1 of coconut milk
    L: avocado, tin of mackerel fillets
    D: 3 egg omelette with 15cm of chorizo (is chorizo primal?), 2 pobellos, 1/2 Bell pepper, onion, chilli - awesom
    Snks: 2tbsp coconut cream, handful raspberries, banana, 2 pieces of annoyingly crap dark chocolate - more annoying that I ate it!

That's all folks, tune in tomorrow to find out if my decimated abs can even make it out of bed

abi
    abi is offline Member
    Buonjourno, abs not too bad....yet!

African (Malawian) proverb for Friday:
    in crying for rain you must accept the accompanying mud

abi
    abi is offline Member
    Bad day nutrition-wise, it all went pete tong when the tin of red salmon I took to work for ny lunch didn't have a ring pull and no tin opener to be found. Plus I was out all evening with awesome oirish friends - don't you just love old friends, you know the ones who you have history with? Love it...I'm using the 'oh, I just started eating real food' line to explain weight loss and strange eating habits.

B: cup of coffee (almond milk)
    L: baby spinach and green pepper salad, not with salmon, but subbed totally non-primal cheddar in (only vaguely acceptable thing I could find in canteen)
    D: chicken curry with green salad
    Snks: oh dear dear, well had a coffee with heavy cream, way way too much dark chocolate, bite of a chocolate mini roll (so gross! can't get over how horrible sugary stuff tastes now, actually felt a bit sick)

Hmmmm, I need to not look at tomorrow's WOD, it looks horrific and pretty complicated for a newbie, I may try a wee jog-walk instead as don't think my abs are up to much still! I'll aim to hit the box Monday and not look at the WOD in advance.

Sweet dreams MDA-world, I'm gonna sleep til I wake up
    X

abi
    abi is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    dom, dom, dom, dom, dom, DOMS....my body is being attacked by itself, can't believe a workout on Thursday is still biting. Productive day today but not enough sleep so walked through it slightly reluctantly, can't believe people are already going bonkers with Christmas shopping. Cleared out one of my cupboards and took a carload of stuff to the dump. Pretty cathartic.

B: nil
    L: sausages, tomato and lettuce
    D: same as lunch but with spinach not lettuce, plus abt a cup of Greek yoghurt, some frozen berries and coconut chips.
    Snks: 2 pieces of 90% choc - awesome!

I saw a block of 100% chocolate in a shop, it was scary/sexy, I would have got it but the price! Will have to save for special occasion.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast