Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: abi:naturalsupernatural page 2

abi
    abi is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sunday was a day of snacks and thoughtfully I polished them all off to start the week pleasingly snackless.
    B: nil
    L: 5 pieces of ham, coconut pieces, Greek yoghurt with berries
    D: paleo moussaka, 2 glasses red wine, 2 pieces of chocolate, more berries and coconut chips
    Sleep: not good, went to bed too soon after eating and woke up abt half one bright as a button, grrrr.

Was planning to hit the box today but....remember remember the 5th of November, gun powder treason and plot....yup I will celebrate all that is rebellious, anarchist and subversive by going to see the fireworks tonight. It's why I pay my council tax....

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abi View Post
    Was planning to hit the box today but....remember remember the 5th of November, gun powder treason and plot....yup I will celebrate all that is rebellious, anarchist and subversive by going to see the fireworks tonight.
    It seems to me that there must be a gene in Scots for supporting rebellion! lol with the admittedly limited knowledge of Scotish history that I have, I may be quite wrong about that, but the Scots do seem to have an affinity for rebellion... William wallace, Robert the Bruce, bonny Prince charlie etc... or maybe it is self-determination that they love... and who can blame them for that!!!

abi
    abi is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    or maybe it is self-determination that they love... and who can blame them for that!!!
    How nicely put! And exactly the reason why a referendum on independence would be a positive thing whatever the outcome <and I'm not giving anything away>. Although, unfortunately bonfire night does not even come close to embodying that sentiment. Oh well, guess we can just hit play on Braveheart/VforVendetta and live vicariously through Hollywood like the rest of the western world.

abi
    abi is offline Member
    Fireworks were brill tonight! We jumped the fence into the Necropolis and got the best views of the city...love it. Abs are starting to feel more like mine, so hitting the box on Wednesday could be achievable.

B: black coffee
    L: avocado
    D: pork stirfry with chorizo, pepper, onion, mushroom and celery (i cut it lengthways and it was an absolute winner) with spinach and 2 glasses of wine (bottle is finished)

I'm kind of passively trying no dairy as felt pretty awful after my greek yoghurt-fest of a weekend and think it could be dairy related (I'm not a massive fan but do like the occasional yoghurt and cheese) - I think I'm just trying to find 'cheats'
    Last edited by abi; 11-05-2012 at 02:37 PM. Reason: sp

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member

Richardmac is online now Senior Member
    Hi

I would say (if you dont mind), that you are not eating enough. Fuel that body, fuel those workouts. Work loads on mobility to prevent as much soreness as possible. eat and repeat.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

abi
    abi is offline Member
    do you think so? I'm not massively au fait with the physiology of the whole thing, but from what I've read when trying to become a fat-adapted, excess body fat counts as a fuel - in PB, Mark specifically recommends skipping breakfast and letting your body burn the 'extra folds' instead...what are your thoughts on that? I realise it isn't as simple as calories in, calories out...but I definitely have body fat to burn.

I think probably in terms of macronutrient ratios I still have a lot to work on, I am not a natural tracker. But I hope that comes with time and also with me finding better organic/grass-fed sources for stuff.

(what do you mean by this? I can't figure it out)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardmac View Post
    Work loads on mobility to prevent as much soreness as possible

abi
    abi is offline Member
    Well I made a right tit of myself today. I was supposed to go to a baby shower, got all ready and was outside waiting for taxi <which was late>, I phoned my friend to say I was late, answer I got? "Abi, it's tomorrow!". At that precise moment, the taxi pulled up. I was too chicken to send it away <I had been on the phone to the company already to complain about lateness> so instead I jumped in and asked him to take me to the supermarket. Then I did a very large and rather unnecessary food shop. In an attempt to redeem this situation, I walked all the way home <not that far really, about 30mins> with my very heavy bags. This frustrates me as I won't be able to make the box tomorrow as I now have the baby shower on, which means the next time I can get to it will be Saturday! Oh well, back in the game on Saturday.

<and friends, lest you become concerned, it was not my sharp-as-a-knife primal-fuelled brain that made this error, the baby shower was a facebook event that was set on the wrong date, thus came up in my diary on the wrong day, apparently I am not the only one who got confused, every cloud has a....>

B: Rooibos - just bought a Masala flavoured one <still searching for rooibos chai - might have to hit the internet for that one> which is amazing!
    L: sml tin of red salmon with half a pomegranate, lettuce and radishes
    D: <rushing to get to my baby shower> four pieces of bacon, salmon fillet, peppers and green spinach all fried up in coconut oil - tastes a lot better than it sounds, was supposed to be an omelette but my brothers polished off the eggs.
    Snks: Nakd bar <tesco treat>, Goat's milk yoghurt <off-dairy didn't last long did it? we'll see if it has the same effect!> with handful of mixed berries and desiccated coconut.

also cooked an awesome green thai curry for tomorrow, probably need to label it as mine to keep the brothers of that one too! I love Wednesdays, they are pregnant with the weekend and you know that baby is coming out quick.

Sweet dreams, Groksters x

abi
    abi is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    pretty spectacular! health&safety nightmare, i like it

abi
    abi is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Good morning, President Obama,

Crappo joke for Wednesday:
    Irate golfer, on his way to a round of 150: "You must be the worst caddie in the world!"
    Scottish caddie (dryly): "That would be too much of a coincidence, sir."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast