Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ladies.....

Hybrid View

ladies.....

what does your regular workout regimen look like?

I walk 45 minutes to an hour everyday - or very nearly everyday. I do a little yoga and a little pilates and a little Tae Bo.
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

I do Crossfit. I usually work out 2-3 days in a row, then take a day off.

I do yoga twice a week, this class called PiYo twice a week ( a blend of Pilates and yoga), and a weight lifting class twice per week. The extra yoga isn't super strenuous and helps stretch me out and stay flexible

I'm doing 531 (a barbell program). Every other day I do my main lift, generally pretty heavy, and then I do some accessory movements and some bodyweight/skill work. I'm in and out of the gym in under an hour (often 45 minutes), and I like it that way.

On other days I may do some tabatas or sprints, or I might run. I also do other kinds of casual movement such as walking, hiking, biking, dancing--stuff that's active but not a "workout". With the snow here now, I can add shovelling to my list too.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

I do Crossfit workouts Mondays and Thursdays (and sometimes Saturdays, usually depending on the weather).

I do Olympic weightlifting on Tuesdays, powerlifting on Fridays, and supplemental weight lifting at home on Sundays.

I hike/mountain bike/ski/snowshoe/snowboard for 4-8 hours on the weekend (not strenuous, more like leisurely/conversational with hubby).

On Wednesdays I get a massage!

Max reps military pushups, finish out with the same amount of kneeling pushups.
    Max reps squats
    Max reps tricep dips
    Max reps crossfit/full situps

Other days, I'll do a yoga or Pilates video.

Other days I will focus on core/planks - 1 min plank (or longer!), 20 plank up/downs (10 per side), 20 mountain climbers or knee crunches, 1 min plank.

how do i get started with crossfit??

Quote Originally Posted by PandaRose View Post
    PandaRose, go to crossfit.com and click on the Community link (upper left of the page) then on Affiliate Finder Map. You can find a Crossfit box close to you, go and watch and talk to them and see if it's the kind of thing you'll enjoy.

If you can't afford it or there isn't one near you, click on Start Here and then BrandX Scaled Workouts to get to their forum. They post a workout every day that you can do at home (or most of the exercises at home), with scaling for different degrees of ability.

One of the things I like about Crossfit is the community of people I work out with. I started by doing the BrandX workouts at home, but it's much more motivating to do it with friends and cheer each other on!

Quote Originally Posted by PandaRose View Post
    It would be great if you could find a good one through word-of-mouth. That way you're not wasting time and money.

Crossfit is amazing when you find the right gym and the right trainers. It can be awful if it's the opposite, from what I've read, which is really too bad.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.