Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Paleo/Primal Made Things Better Thread. page

Kochin is offline Senior Member

How Paleo/Primal Made Things Better Thread.

Primal Fuel
    OK, this is for people to list ways they feel better since going Primal/Paleo.

For example:
    -I am happy with my figure and have come to terms with my fat: a woman needs some fat on her for health. No more panicking, no more pinching my fat in front of the mirror. It's mine and I don't mind.
    -I'm loving my own body in general.
    -I know what I can and can't eat and don't have to fret over "magic numbers" ("five a day", "2000kcal", "50g fat"...).
    -Although I like the way I am, if nature makes me a bit thinner, fatter, more muscled, more tanned... next month, I won't fret, because my body is doing what nature intends and, if it needs anything (more food, less sugar, more rest, less walking...) it will TELL me and I will LISTEN.
    -I don't think I'll ever think about "going on a diet" ever again.
    -I feel slightly smug when IFing over lunch and I see other folks having deli "healthy options" sandwiches and diet sodas, because I know my option's healthier.
    -I feel stronger and more energized.
    -I care about and pay attention to what I put in my mouth, "obsessing" to a point where food has become a genuinely pleasurable, fun experience again.

Sambo712 is offline Senior Member
    I have gotten better about my self image.
    I can do sets of pull ups with a minimum rep of 8 without any assistance
    My knees and joints don't hurt (Specifically arthritis in my thumb, which went away after 14 days of going primal)
    I love eating meat and butter again
    I like that I don't have to eat to have energy

In a way, the Primal Blueprint has freed me from a lot of the stresses of life.

mamagault is offline Member
    ~strength gains. I'm now doing things I've never done before - full situps, military pushups, climbing trees (or swingsets or rock walls at the park).
    ~no brain fog. I only get brain foggy when I've had a wheat exposure.
    ~little to no joint pain. Again, I only get flareups if I've accidentally ingested wheat, and rarer if the weather changes and I had higher carbs than normal the day before.
    ~I also love the freedom that I can just eat and not worry about numbers or whatever.
    ~increased energy
    ~Honestly, I do love my new body shape. I have always considered myself average, wearing a size 10 pretty much as long as I can remember, until we lost our 4th son shortly after birth in 2007, when I gradually went up to a size 14. After our 6th son was born, I quickly shrank down to a 10 for quite a while, then had another shape change where I went down to my current size, 4. I'm actually getting a little vain about it. But, I'm not concerned if my weight fluctuates or even if my shape changes, as long as I'm eating clean.
    ~Hair and nails - both are growing out so strong and beautiful, which I have always struggled with before.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    I like the strength gains too - body recomposition is slowly but steadily happening. But I can now do all 36 pushups in my weight class from my toes and can hold tight planks without breaking, which is awesome.

And food is just a lot more fun to eat. I skirted around being vegetarian for a couple of years and felt like crap. It's nice eating meat with real fat and not worrying about weight gain, just enjoying how awesome it tastes. And if good food isn't available, because I've also become really picky about the quality of what I'll eat and feed my family, I can easily skip a few meals and still feel good.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Mostly a sense of well-being that I have a greater understanding of the hows/whats/whys of the food available to me and how the choices I make affect not only my health, but in a smaller way, my whole community.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    - mood improvement: feel happy all the time
    - energy improvement: feel energetic all the time
    - confidence: both from the strength training and also it's nice to not have fear that if you eat this you will wake up fatter tomorrow
    - empowered: because this actually worked, I finally see I do have some control over the outcome of my life, that I can take a step, make a change and have it WORK.
    - self acceptance and love: I wasn't dealt a shitty hand. I'm pretty damn awesome.
    - weight loss
    - strength gain
    - I can eat massive amounts of food without guilt
    - I can eat (nearly) raw steak with lip-smackin' gusto
    - I've always wanted to eat healthier and it never stuck until I gave up grains and sugar
    - learned to cook, especially learned how to cook meat
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 175 x 3. Current Deadlift: 225 x 3

simpstr is offline Senior Member
    I haven't really been sick in a very long time. Other than the occasion belly ache or headache..I mean like the flu, or strep or sick, sick! I had a sore throat Sunday and Monday but its gone, I just kept drinking water! I think water can cure anything!
    Health is Wealth!

Paleobird Guest
    *Changed from 210 to 145 from a size 16 to a 6
    *My knees don't hurt anymore
    *My feet and ankles don't get puffy
    *Chronic sinus congestion is gone
    *I haven't been sick in years
    *Guilt free enjoyment of foods I love such as steak, butter, pate, brie, cream
    *No need to force myself to eat things I don't like like tasteless "heathywholegrains" and mounds of salad every day
    *I figured out that offal isn't so awful, it's actually wonderful
    *I learned how to make bone broth
    *Hunger is no longer a panic-y feeling, just a notification from the stomach department
    *I can hike all day without taking snacks with me
    *I look and feel better at 50 than I did at 40
    *I don't fear the coming years because I will be healthy and able to enjoy them
    *Energy levels are steady, no up and down swings
    *Clear headed and ready to go in the morning

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    *Guilt free enjoyment of foods I love such as steak, butter, pate, brie, cream
    This!^
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Another one of mine (a ladies' problem): Menstrual pains all but gone. I usually had two bouts of cramps a day. Month 1: none. Month 2: a few light 'uns. Month 3: two bouts in the whole 6 days!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast