Thread: Opinions Solicited: Oyster and Liver Pate page

Rojo is offline Senior Member

Opinions Solicited: Oyster and Liver Pate

Primal Fuel
    Trying to kill two birds here: do you think it would work to take a chicken liver pate recipe and make it chicken liver/canned oysters. Would it taste gross? Would it go horribly toxic within a day?

Thoughts?

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    Hm, I love oysters (although I've never tried canned) and I love chicken liver pate. But the sole thought of the combination makes me queasy.

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeOfRound View Post
    Hm, I love oysters (although I've never tried canned) and I love chicken liver pate. But the sole thought of the combination makes me queasy.
    Oysters don't have much of a flavor. I was thinking the texture might not work.

sires6 is offline Senior Member
    I love smoked oysters. I love pate. I would try it. You should only be out a few bucks. What would it hurt? And if it's fabulous, then you have a new snack food that kicks Primal butt and you can post how fabulous it is on beet chips or parsnip chips.
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II