Thread: Hi, I'm Kelly from Australia. page

fizzer is offline Junior Member

Red face Hi, I'm Kelly from Australia.

Primal Fuel
    Hi all, my name is Kelly.

I'm new to Primal living, and have just started to change my diet for the last 5 days. Obviously have a long way to go.
    I'm 27 years old and living in Australia. I'm only 5'3 and currently 70kgs of no muscle!, not sure what that is in pounds, but I hope to get fit and down to a healthy weight.

I had thyroid cancer 2 years ago, so I have no thyroid and control my metabolism with synthetic thyroid medication. I have to keep my TSH quite low to stop cancer re-occurrence which sometimes causes me to lose weight quite quickly.

Hope to get to know you all on this journey

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! I am afraid of thyroids, I'll be over here under this rock. *thump*

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

I used to eat a lot of sushi when I worked in a local shopping mall. I have often wondered if overdosing on seaweed mauled my thyroid

Meatgrrrl is offline Senior Member
    G'day Kelly. Also in Aus, have a thyroid but have an immune system that attacks it... so I hear you on the whole supplementing with drugs. Good luck with your plan.

Hi meatgrrrl,
    Yes, must take drugs to survive unfortunately.

When I had my cancerous thyroid taken out, my pathology came back with a patchy inflamed thyroid, so they also believe I had or have Hashimoto's thyroiditis as well. I hadn't suffered any ill effects with my levels though, but it would have happened eventually. I have had testing for Coeliac etc due to the close link, it's always come back negative (Bloods and small bowel biopsy). Definitely feeling great without grains though!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzer View Post
    Hi meatgrrrl,

When I had my cancerous thyroid taken out, my pathology came back with a patchy inflamed thyroid, so they also believe I had or have Hashimoto's thyroiditis as well. I hadn't suffered any ill effects with my levels though, but it would have happened eventually. I have had testing for Coeliac etc due to the close link, it's always come back negative (Bloods and small bowel biopsy). Definitely feeling great without grains though!
    Hi Kelly and welcome. I found it so amazing how great I felt as soon as I gave up grains. Glad to here you doing the best you can for your health by eating well. Look forward to getting to know you.

Meatgrrrl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzer View Post
    Hi meatgrrrl,

I've had all tests for coeliac too and they've come back neg. And yet if I eat any wheat or gluten products, I will have about three days to a week of pain and I get hives. I hear that if they pick the wrong bit of intestine for testing, it can still come back neg. So... I just go with what my bod tells me.