Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many of us changed EVERYTHING? Or: Thank you all! page 2

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    I say things like "all jobs are basically semi-voluntary slavery" and "voting is kinda immoral" and "being indoors is bad for you" all the time. People think I'm weird.

My wife and I are going to move into a travel trailer or a small van RV (haven't decided yet) and nomad all over the country for the foreseeable future with only the most minimal itinerary and no particular goals besides adventure and self-discovery, starting this spring. Now THAT is going to make people think we're really weird. But it's kind of sad, because most people I talk to say some variation of "oh, man, that sounds really awesome. I could never do that." And I'm always thinking, why not? Who's stopping you? Oh, yeah, your mortgage and your car loan and your cable TV addiction and your Chinese takeout habit and your complete lack of confidence, self-reliance and skills that don't involve computers and paperwork, that's who. In other words, you're stopping you.

You can keep all that crap, you know? I just wanna go play outside.
    I have recently developed a very similar attitude. After reading about and trying some of the brain hacks the Bulletproof Executive recommends and primalizing my diet I can feel my mental clarity increasing. This makes it harder and harder to keep commuting 1 hour each way through rush hour traffic, avoiding the hateful petty road rage of sick, tired, and frustrated office workers, and working 8+ hours a day, often including weekends and holidays at a job where I bang on a keyboard and try to look busy until I've stayed late enough to avoid scruitiny for going home to get insufficient sleep and do it all again. I keep expenses low, but there are always things that need to be paid for and that (for now) is what keeps me here.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal has helped me to understand the underlying cause of everything: stress/inflammation. Before, I thought it was an okay thing and a byproduct of efforts to stay healthy (ie, lots of cardio and whole grains). After eliminating these stressors, I can feel myself being more able to handle my obligations and feel relaxed at the same time (for the most part). This is my hugest takeaway from Primal, and I am eternally grateful of being able to find this site and its understanding community.

341gerbig is offline Member
    I would love to live on farmland after i graduate. Grow my own things and the like.

Ive changed my diet, that is it so far.

Crofter is offline Member
    I kind of did it the other way around! We bought our Croft (Small Farm) 7 years ago, and set out to do all the things you talk of Knifegill. We grow our own meat and eggs, milk goats, make cheese, grow veggies etc.
    Almost a year ago I had a minor Heart Attack and that was the wake up call i needed.
    I started to research diet and exercise and, as luck would have it, found PB.
    I'm now 50lbs lighter and so much more fit to do all the outdoor work that this place requires. I've discovered that I can exercise and that I even enjoy it. We walk, play and have a lot of fun, sleep about 7 hours a night in summer and about 9 in winter.
    We run our own businesses (B&B and a Blacksmith's forge) and I don't think I could work for anyone else now.

So yes, thanks to Primal Blueprint, my life has changed completely.

Rip @ MIPWID is offline Senior Member
    The recommendations on sleeping - actually taking an hour of no TV or anything stimulating before bed really did help with improving the quality of my sleep and making me feel less sleepy in the mornings, even when it's still dark. Retiring to bed an hour earlier and reading with just a small lamp on transformed my sleeping.

I'd love to be able to sleep in until daylight but as I have to be in work at a set time, it's not really possible in the winter. When I'm finally working for myself, I'll definitely be rising with the daylight most days.
    Meat is Prized, Wheat is Despised.

Real Food - The REAL staff of life

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    So far just the food. I am working on a second job so I can buy about 5 acres and homestead. What you have done sounds wonderful. And the shift you made even more wonderful. It is a movement and one we need to share and spread.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12