Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How long for paleo/primal to go really mainstream? page 4

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    I believe in Creation, and have no issue being Paleo. The food aspect of the research is sound, in my opinion. Whether or not man "evolved" or, as I believe, was created this way, I know that I have lost tons of weight and feel better!
    Ditto, Rusty.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    I doubt it will ever go mainstream because there are no fast, convenient products to buy. You have to buy (or grow or forage) whole foods and cook them. The majority of people can't be bothered to cook anything.
    I'm with you on this one.

I agree that the Paleo population is growing and people are listening. I feel this way based on the number of inquiries I get about Paleo on Facebook. It's not a LOT, but it's a larger number than I would have ever expected.

I believe in evolution. I do not believe in God or any portion of religion there-in, but not because I'm atheist... more because I believe in science and have a really hard time believing in anything that can't be proven. I guess what I actually lack is faith...

I also believe that it will never go mainstream because the government isn't going to accept it because there's no money in Paleo. I agree that we'll be slotted next to vegans... however, I believe the medical community will start to adopt it - not big-pharma, but the medical community. I learned of Paleo from my one of my chiropractors and later learned that another chiropractor of mine (see each for different skill sets - one to adjust my spine, one to perform ART) and my osteopath are all paleo. Once my doctor said she was Paleo and started recommending Paleo readings to me, I was sold. The second chiropractor's involvement got hubby on board - he's about 75% paleo at this point.

So, I believe in time it'll get better and become more recognized... what I hate is that it gets coupled with Atkins as soon as anyone mentions no bread or low-carb.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    what I hate is that it gets coupled with Atkins as soon as anyone mentions no bread or low-carb.
    OMG, I got that comparison as recently as today.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    The zombie apocalypse will force everyone to go primal. When infrastructure and manufacturing shut down and the supplies of commodity crops and frankenfood runs out -- or when the world wakes up and realizes that the big Chem/Ag companies have made our race brain dead and sterile and poisoned us to the brink of of extinction -- the last people standing will have no choice but to forage, grow and kill their food to survive. So, by Mayan calculations, that will start precisely 6 weeks from now.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ReclaimtheApex View Post
    Yup, never gonna go mainstream. In order to enjoy paleo/primal, you have to really understand it. This requires research and some brains. Most people are stupid, lazy, or both. NEVER gonna go mainstream.
    kinda true
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

Neely is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    I doubt it will ever go mainstream because there are no fast, convenient products to buy. You have to buy (or grow or forage) whole foods and cook them. The majority of people can't be bothered to cook anything.
    That's true, and also, many people just think that said 'food' in a plastic box is completely normal that they don't even realise otherwise! It's such a sad state of affairs. I don't know who is more to blame - the brainwashers or the brainwashed?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234