Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Helping Someone Transition page 3

lowcarbjas is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sambo712 View Post
    Sometimes I wake up early enough to make her breakfast, and that seems to lead to happier days.
    +1!

She could layer cinnamon sweet potatoes then bacon, greek yogurt and nuts in a yogurt pot container the night before and just grab it on her way out in the morning. Bloody delicious.

Or make a quiche the night before - if she doesn't have time to heat it up, it tastes good cold.

For lunch she could eat a BAS - it's satisfying with avocado and meat.

I went Primal cold turkey and haven't looked back. I used to love sweet stuff (still do) but I don't crave cw sweet stuff at all - and it happened really quickly because the meat and fat is sooo satisfying.
    Start Weight: 63.6kg/140lbs
    Goal Weight: 54kg/118lbs

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like she's not eating enough. I think it's better for her to STUFF herself on primal fatty proteiny food. Stuff her like Thanksgiving, to break her of the snacking habit and convert her metabolism away from sugar-burner. When she's feeling better, work on portion size.

Here's my meal plan.

Breakfast: Two hard boiled eggs and a Smoothie: berries, green tea, whey powder, bit of banana, and 1/12 a can of coconut oil.
    (Whey powder is a bit of a misnomer on MDA, but it gets the job done for me. A whole can of coconut oil is total overload.)

Lunch
    Ziplock sells a container which is three compartments and a lid.

It's plainly meant for a sandwich, raw carrots or something, and m&ms. Haha. I make ground beef in tomato sauce -- or chicken soup -- in the big compartment, a good veggie like kale in the mid-size compartment, and a starchy veggie like sweet potato or carrots in the small compartment. Plus a square of chocolate.

Dinner:
    A raw or cooked veggie and a meat. My dinner meats are 3 oz canned salmon OR a can of sardines OR pre-cooked gluten free nitrate free sausage. (in the US we have a Jones brand.) That sausage is dripping with fat and fills me up.

Snack: butter. Yep. Grass-fed salted butter right out of the tub. After a teaspoon or so, I've had enough.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Buzz71 is offline Senior Member
    Thank you all for the fantastic advice. This really is a wonderful community. We will take a look at some of the advice and see how we go!
    Buzz71
    Come visit my blog about life, my journey and seizing the day: www.thecarpediem.net
    Read my Journal of Awesomeness!
    Follow me on Twitter: @Buzz_71 and @the_CarpeDiem
    My Primal slow movement challenge: 208.29km of 1000km completed in 2012!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lowcarbjas View Post
    +1!

She could layer cinnamon sweet potatoes then bacon, greek yogurt and nuts .
    Wow, that sounds amazing!! I might try some variation of this for a family brunch this weekend! Or it could make a side dish at dinner with sour cream instead of the greek yoghurt.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123