Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open

Thread: Leangains Headache

Threaded View

Leangains Headache

Okay So I am interested in beginning leangains to get really lean. I am pretty lean right now, but I want the six pack type lean

I have been using Eat Stop Eat but I want to try Leangains. ONly problem is that the high carb days are impossible. ON paleo I have to work hard to get over 150 carbs without overloading on fructose and sodium. Also according to the calculator IF Calculator I have to eat 220 grams? Which is much more than I ever could imagine myself eating while being strictly clean. I have been comfortable eating around 80 grams of carbs for a while. So this is the calculation I have found since I am tinkering.

I am trying to cut for another 2 weeks. Then Lean mass which has me eating over 3000 calories on top of what I burn in work out right? Plus in a feeding window? Nearly 300 grams of carbs.

I am still skeptical on dairy and white potatoes so I avoid them. I go to college and all I have is the dining room so I have a few boundaries you could say. I know that if I find potatoes that it is going to be heavily salted or fried and I try to only go for the Sweet kind.

Does anyone have a Primal Leangains formula? or a solution to this headache?

EDIT: I realize my post is a bit confusing. So I will expound. Basically I am saying is that I used an IF Calculator to find out how much calories per day and macros should be and I did not like it. My primal low carb diet is easy for me and I prefer not to eat a ton of carbs on workout days. I am used to low carb.

I want to know can I just eat more calories on workout days but maintain same High Fat, High protein low carb lifestyle in leangains? Would that work?

Also when it says eat 3000 some calories on workout days, how can one accomplish that in a small window without getting sick?
    Last edited by drnemer; 11-01-2012 at 08:24 AM. Reason: UPDATE