Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: i ate a chocolate bar page 3

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    How about Leptin Resets? Are you sick of those yet?
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Kingofturtles is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    Go on then, I'll include the full list of definitions, instead of just cherry picking those that support my point:

1. food and drink considered in terms of its qualities, composition, and its effects on health: Milk is a wholesome article of diet.
    2. a particular selection of food, especially as designed or prescribed to improve a person's physical condition or to prevent or treat a disease: a diet low in sugar.
    3. such a selection or a limitation on the amount a person eats for reducing weight: No pie for me, I'm on a diet.
    4. the foods eaten, as by a particular person or group: The native diet consists of fish and fruit.
    5. food or feed habitually eaten or provided: The rabbits were fed a diet of carrots and lettuce.
    1. would apply.

4 or 5 dont really help an argument for or against. Would have been pointless to add them for no reason.

Kingofturtles is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Ah, but is not CW ALSO a diet? They just have different ideas about what is optimal and healthy.

So, from that perspective, you could theoretically argue that everyone is on some type of diet, whether it is working for them or not.
    If you wanted to say CW was a diet I wouldnt argue, however; if I did, my only argument would be that it isnt a diet because the american CW is the "default". But then again, the american "default" is different than the asian "default" ect..

TTBlue21 is offline Senior Member
    When I indulge on sugar it becomes a slippery slope. No freaking out, just acknowledging I am more likely to desire that stuff more frequently. I don't care about adhering to some strict "diet" but rather I know how different I feel when I avoid that stuff.

If you want to eat your chocolate bar at every meal...you should

annedawso is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TTBlue21 View Post
    When I indulge on sugar it becomes a slippery slope. No freaking out, just acknowledging I am more likely to desire that stuff more frequently. I don't care about adhering to some strict "diet" but rather I know how different I feel when I avoid that stuff.

If you want to eat your chocolate bar at every meal...you should
    Same here, sometimes if I eat chocolate I lose the plot and eat it until I feel sick. Some kind of trigger in my brain.
    Fine if you can eat chocolate and it doesnt affect you but we are not all the same.
    I ate 50g of dar chocolate last night and had a gin and tonic. It was a lovely treat to myself after a pressurised say.
    In fact might do the same tonight.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingofturtles View Post
    1. would apply.

4 or 5 dont really help an argument for or against. Would have been pointless to add them for no reason.
    Hmmm, I frequently thought that stating it as a "lifestyle" rather than a diet pointed to posts like this Definitive Guide: The Primal Blueprint | Mark's Daily Apple . I would not call move frequently at a slow pace, or even "avoid poisonous things", as only being inherent to diet. It really is about more than food.....well if you bothered reading the book....which isn't a given on this forum. Not to mention diet just has a negative connotation as a short term fix/hack. Call this WOE a diet if you will, but living primal is more than diet.....at least if you are doing it right
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 10-31-2012 at 05:19 PM.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Glad you enjoyed it and can handle it You are lucky.

I have been on many slimming diets over the years and always been quickly successful in my goals, including this one. All have allowed treats occasionally, in moderation, but for some people, including me, any sugar consumption starts us on a very slippery slope. I can't tell you how many times I have started to include treats modestly, then it has just taken over and I am back where I started. The last time I was in Barbados for a month on holiday. I started having a teeny taste of hubbys dessert, by the end of the month I was eating more of it and within a couple of months had lost control altogether. this time is likely to be very different for me though, because is is now obvious after totally eliminating them, that I can't reintroduce any gluten, egg or dairy. So I wonder if that is the main reason.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by annedawso View Post
    Fine if you can eat chocolate and it doesnt affect you but we are not all the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvergirl View Post
    Glad you enjoyed it and can handle it You are lucky.
    Exactly. I'm not sure if the OP just wanted a chance to vent or what. You ate a chocolate bar. Good for you!

We are all different and, for some of us, it matters more than for others that we keep to a fairly strict protocol/diet/plan/<insert term here>. Some people have mentioned binging behavior. I don't suffer from that. I could eat a chocolate bar and walk away from the next one no problem. What I would do is knock myself out of ketosis and ketosis is how I maintain control of my epilepsy at a lower dosage of medication. I am also convinced that it is how I keep the cancer I had five years ago from coming back.

So, enjoy your effing candy bar. I have too much at stake to blow it for something so trivial. That's not me "freaking out", it's me doing what I need to to stay seizure free and alive. It MATTERS for some of us. If you don't have health problems, sure, I can see how a candy bar one way of the other is not such a big deal, but don't presume to judge when you are not in the other person's moccasins, OK?

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Jeez, when you take a break, you take a break! A Dairy Queen burger? Barf. Personally, I'd rather walk through dog poo barefoot than eat a burger at a fast food place - or anything at a fast food place. But I gave up those horrors decades before I ever even heard of Primal. I am glad you enjoyed it though because we should all enjoy what we eat.

Yep, a lot of us fall off the wagon. And some need to post it here. C'est la vie.

lowcarbjas is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I second paleobird.

Some people can't afford to eat pizza or chocolate or whatever. I have diabetes, so I AM a little paranoid about high sugar intake. You ate junk food. Big whoop. I ate the best tasting steak ever.
    Start Weight: 63.6kg/140lbs
    Goal Weight: 54kg/118lbs

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast