Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NO-vember page 2

Roary is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sorry about your tendon. I can sympathize. I'm well into my third month of tendon "rest" and still looking at a surgical repair. I'm so effing tired of being sedentary I'm going bonkers. There's only so much energy an upper body workout can burn off ... it is pretty good motivation to keep the diet clean!

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roary View Post
    Sorry about your tendon. I can sympathize. I'm well into my third month of tendon "rest" and still looking at a surgical repair. I'm so effing tired of being sedentary I'm going bonkers. There's only so much energy an upper body workout can burn off ... it is pretty good motivation to keep the diet clean!
    Sucks don't it - I'm off to the doctors on Friday to see what they say, hopefully it will just need rest and maybe imobilisation, I think I dis something when I fell down the steps carrying a filing cabinate weeks ago, but I thought at first I'd just pull the ligaments on the top of my foot, then I thought it was I was getting soreness as I was having to over-compensate for the weakness, so rested more, and still only managed a mile before it was too painful to run, and I was bloody cold walking home.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Yay, 1st Day of NO-vember.

Black coffee was quite nice. Whole family has dodgy guts - oh the fun of having kids - so I don't feel like eating anything anyway, so looking on the bright side I don't think I will miss cream and cheese for a few days at least.

weighed myself this morning at 15st 8 & 3/4lbs, which I think is the lowest I've been(further brightside looking )
    I'll try to measure myself too today, but I've decided too keep off the scales for the month and just focus on good food choices.

So will I be in Ketosis - I have no idea, I'll not be weighing or measuring anything, I have no real idea what my macros are, it's not a route I want to go down. Just plenty of veggies (probably 60 - 70% by volume) including roots (carrots, sweeds, parsnips, turnips, sweeds, and the occasional sweet potatoe) and lots of meat till I'm full. I'm going to try eating more (MOAR) at meal times as I think I may have been under-eating at meals and snaking inbetween too much.

It worked before when I started and I wasn't this strict, lost nearly 30lbs pretty easliy and quickly, so it's time to take it back to basics.

And yes This is the song in my head for this
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Remember remember the 5th of November

Today I will be morning a failed attemt to blow the feck out of the govenment of this country.

So how is anyone else doing on this thing, I've realsied it's even more strict that whole 30, but I feel fine and not really restricted.

Been eating plenty of meat, and I know I said I wouldn't way myself, well I lied - I'm down to 15st 5 1/2 lbs this morning, can't believe I started to lose again at a decent rate after so long platued, bouncing up and down, maybe losing 1lbs a month if that that. Now I'm feeling confident I'll see a 14st something on the scales by then end of the month.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Just a hint... I did Whole 30 and spent the first two weeks contemplating killing people. The only thing that kept me from doing so was weighing myself and seeing that go down. That and really a lot of walk breaks.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    I'll do it with you. I'm also cranky due to unknown injury that he sidelined me for 30 days. Gaining weight and losing muscle mass at the same time. I've been meaning to do the Whole30 but Halloween got in the way.

You should also do MOvember: grow a mustache to support men's health. I cannot join you in that one unless my hormones go out of whack. At age 47, that is a distinct possibility. November will be a productive month for you.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Just a hint... I did Whole 30 and spent the first two weeks contemplating killing people. The only thing that kept me from doing so was weighing myself and seeing that go down. That and really a lot of walk breaks.
    Contamplating killing people is normal for me I actually feel pretty normal tempermant right now.

Quote Originally Posted by PHaselow View Post
    I'll do it with you. I'm also cranky due to unknown injury that he sidelined me for 30 days. Gaining weight and losing muscle mass at the same time. I've been meaning to do the Whole30 but Halloween got in the way.

You should also do MOvember: grow a mustache to support men's health. I cannot join you in that one unless my hormones go out of whack. At age 47, that is a distinct possibility. November will be a productive month for you.
    Welcome aboard

I normally shave about once a month or less, but I shaved last might so I'm down to stubble right now, but I might shape it into a tash at the end of the month, just for fun (or I could always just hold a couple dreadlocks under my nose)

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    I finished my second day of NO-vember. Sadly, I tweezed the only mustache hair I had this morning so MO-vember will have to be your conquest.

I don't know if I can not have my heavy whipping cream in my coffee for an entire month. I did use only ghee today but it wasn't the same. I think I'll add that tsp of cream. That is my only dairy aside from ghee which has no casein.

I cooked up a ton of protein yesterday for leftovers. That will be what keeps me on track for the month and off of sugar. Nitrate free Chorizo with greens and pressure cooked short ribs with homemade BBQ sauce (no sugar) and root veggies.

How are you doing on your day 6? Feeling good or feeling homicidal?

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

I'm feeling good
    Nice long walk this morning, I may have jogged a bit but don't tell anyone.

Roast top rump roast for lunch, with parnsips, carrots and leeks roasted in gralic and herb oil, plus some greens, with home made gravy from cooking the meat on a bed of onions, then reducing and blitzing the browned onions and meat juices and adding enough water to make it runny again.

Cold chicken, HB eggs, some ham, some chirizo and raw veggies for tea.

I did have 2 satsumas and some kind of fizzy vit C tablet, but that's coz I can feel a cold coming on and it's not worth not taking vit C (and multi vits and garlic etc etc) just to tick a box IMHO.

I've been putting coconut milk in my morning coffee, the really thick stuff in cans, I get stuff that is 75% coconut, it's the best I can get from the regualar super-market and I'm not paying silly money owt better when it's 4 times as much. It's not quite the same, but it does and I only have one with that in, I have been know to have 4 mugs of coffee with heavy cream in a mornnig, I've even had de-caffe in the evening just coz I like it. So I figure I'm getting less calories in this way

I don't really think it matters though, one cup of coffe with a bit of cream, 7 cups and a pint of cream, yes, but 2 tsp, nah

Fitness Wayne is offline Senior Member
    Wow, that is pretty intense. No nuts and no and no fruit? I am doing no alcohol in November. The first few days were tough but I am adjusting. I am also trying to do 14 days of ketosis so I can lose some fat. Going into ketosis and staying in ketosis is a lot harder than giving up alcohol. I used to eat a lot of fruit, giving it up is tough.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast