Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: What new foods have you discovered from being primal? page 6

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosstycoon View Post
    Flax meal! so good I eat it with everything
    Oh god, that stuff can arguably be worse than regular olive oil or vegetable oil =/

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Lots of people talk about liver - how does everybody cook it? I can only remember gagging it down when anemic as a teenager.

Mostly I just LOVE LOVE LOVE eating things - full fat greek yogurt, butter, steak - that were too fatty in CW. I'm getting SOOOO good at grilling rib eyes!
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Lots of people talk about liver - how does everybody cook it? I can only remember gagging it down when anemic as a teenager.
    Liver is one of those things that taste better as an adult, like brussel sprouts. Personally, I usually fry it with onions and bacon. The key is not to overcook it. It gets vile quickly when overcooked. Another way I use it is in curry. It usually gets a bit overcooked then, but curry makes everything better.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Oh god, that stuff can arguably be worse than regular olive oil or vegetable oil =/
    Flax seed is just as, if not moreso, rich in phytoestrogens than soy is, so men should avoid, and women should be careful. It's a good source of O3, but being a polyunsaturated fat, flax should NEVER be cooked or those fats will be oxidized easily. Also, its O3 is in the form of ALA, of which, most is not absorbed into the human body. Only small amounts of ALA ever get utilized, normally not enough to be dietarily significant. So, in the end, I recommend just getting your longer chain O3s from fatty fish, shellfish, and krill.

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    Liver is one of those things that taste better as an adult, like brussel sprouts. Personally, I usually fry it with onions and bacon. The key is not to overcook it. It gets vile quickly when overcooked. Another way I use it is in curry. It usually gets a bit overcooked then, but curry makes everything better.
    Interesting Wildrose, maybe I'll give it a try again. As a kid I always ate a lot of stuff other kids hated, most all veggies including brussels sprouts and spinach. I'll have to search the recipe section. I'm kinda tempted by the chicken liver pate thing...
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    The best hot-chocolate I've ever had.
    I'm a HUUUUUUUGE chocolate fan and hot-chocolate was always insanely sweetened, home-made, with sugar, honey, whipped cream and maybe a commercial chocolate bar melted in. Clearly, even as an occassional thing, this isn't healthy.

So, I got some Cadbury's pure cocoa powder (100% cocoa, naught else!) and concocted this: 1-2 teaspoons pure cocoa powder, 250ml gold-top milk (Swap for coconut, organic, almond, raw, fresh...), 100ml double-cream (Again, naught added! You can still swap for butter or a non-dairy alternative, it's just for thickness.) and a pinch of paprika (cayenne or chili-powder work well too) and a pinch of cinnamon.
    Heat the milk. Stir in the cocoa, cinnamon and chili. Re-heat and stir vigorously to mix thoroughly. Pour in the cream.

The best hot-chocolate EVER. It wasn't sweet, no. It was mildly bitter, much like coffee, but not as intense, with a creamy, chocolatey flavour that covered my tongue, all enhanced by the warmness of the paprika and cinnamon.

Simply amazing...

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Pheasant. Today.

Plucked and processed myself. Butter-roasted with herbs. Niiiiiiiiice~

sarasue624 is offline Senior Member
    I've been eating my liver ground up 50/50 with ground beef hidden in homemade spaghetti sauce on quark cheese.

QUARK CHEESE

Sorry folks who don't do dairy. Quark cheese is my newest discovery to post to this thread. Also good with eggs.

sqidmark is offline Member
    Jicama, fennel, fried sweet potatoes (in coconut oil), grated raw cauliflower and broccoli, chicken coconut curry meatballs, skirt steaks, coconut milk, avocado, kelp... I also have a can of sardines in the cabinet to try, just haven't been able to coax myself into opening it, but I really do need the fat.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    Make pâté! Here's how Paleobird does it - I've tried it and it's super easy and delish.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast