Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    -Ox heart
    -Marrow bones
    -Chinese cabbage
    -Avocado (hadn't had since I was tiny!)
    -Shredded coconut
    -Raw eggs. In everything.

Going to "discover" chicken livers tomorrow!

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    I have discovered the joy of fermented foods.

Oh, and fresh mustard greens! Fry those things up with your ground meat and BAM, you're added a delicious spicy zing to your meat. Or add them to salads to add that kick. Those things are awesome.
    Mustard and raddish leaves are AWESOME. I get them at the local Asian stores. Can't find them anywhere else. Now, I look at solitary raddishes and think "what a waste of raddish leaf!"

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Grass fed ground beef and ground bison. So much more velvety than regular. I don't notice it as much with cuts of beef, but the ground is amazingly different. Also organic chicken livers taste very different/better than conventional ones.

Spaghetti squash. Just tried it a couple of days ago. I'm hooked. What a great food.

Rediscovered: butter. Honestly hadn't used butter in way too many years. And this led to...

Putting butter in coffee. This is so good that if I drank as much as I wanted, I'd be in permanent fat-ass mode. But it's such an amazing treat.

How could I almost forget grass fed beef shank? This is so good that it's almost sinful. A nice byproduct is that since it's cooked low and slow, the resulting broth, while not technically a bone broth, gelatinizes (is that a word?) nicely in the fridge and can be used to beef up veggies and other dishes.

Avocado oil. Again, it had been years since I had bottled oils in my home. When I learned how much bs olive oil there was, I decided to go with something less mainstream. I use it sparingly, but its uses are many and the flavor is gentle enough not to be intrusive.

Catrin is offline Senior Member
    butter, then ghee, now I've learned how to make ghee

Beef shanks, short ribs, arm roast...red meat in general, I've not eaten it in years

Coconut....everything

Slow cooker!

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    Coconut oil, rutabagas, plantains, kohlrabi.

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Coconut butter or coconut cream concerntrate! I'm going to have to try plantains

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Honestly, I've basically tried everything I currently now eat. The difference is that the amount is significantly higher. I've always been really creative in the kitchen and happy to try new things.

The only thing I found to be "new" is coconut flour because I never considered using it to bake before, so I never bought it.

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Honestly, I've basically tried everything I currently now eat. The difference is that the amount is significantly higher. I've always been really creative in the kitchen and happy to try new things.

The only thing I found to be "new" is coconut flour because I never considered using it to bake before, so I never bought it.
    Oh yes, I forgot about almond and coconut flour. Not that I use them much.....

And ditto on using some obscure ingredients more often. I haven't "discovered" rabbit or beef liver per se, but I'm definitely eating them much more often.

Paleobird Guest
    The joys of grass fed meat cooked rare.
    The yumminess that is raw dairy products (cow and goat).
    Homemade pemmican, jerky, and pate.
    Got over my squeem about offal.
    All things coconut.
    Sea veggies. (I was already into seafoods)
    Kombucha as an occasional treat.
    100% cocoa chocolate actually tastes awesome! Who would have thought!

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    I found a chayote squash in the grocery store tonight. I've never seen them before. I bought one. Now I just need to learn how to cook it! (Or not... I wonder how it tastes raw?)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast