Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saturated fat + Carbs = bad? page 2

Quote Originally Posted by Lukey View Post
    I'm not concerned with weight gain just with health
    If you're eating within caloric balance there's no problem with carbs and fat combined from a health perspective. The only reason some people should avoid carbs and fat combined is because they're easy to overeat, especially if they're really low in protein.

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Haha Forgotmylastusername I was referring to you in my post
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Go_Hard is offline Member
    'I would happily buy a book called “The Ruffled Pink Panties System of Frilly Little Bodyweight Endeavors For Gentlemen of Quality” if the information in it would make me strong' - Josh Hanagarne

Lukey is offline Senior Member
    Yea i just want to know if there would be any specific reason eating a medium carb (100-200g) a day diet combined with high saturated fat would be problematic in terms of CVD. (as long as calories remain at maintenance)

Go_Hard is offline Member
    I know there's a lot of info there but if you read through the link it does touch on the question you're asking - The answer seems to be that there's no definitive proof to suggest that eating a medium carb (100-200g a day) diet combined with high saturated fat would be problematic in terms of CVD
    'I would happily buy a book called “The Ruffled Pink Panties System of Frilly Little Bodyweight Endeavors For Gentlemen of Quality” if the information in it would make me strong' - Josh Hanagarne

hey thanks i read the article, but where does it say that? or are you just assuming the OP had a normal carb diet because she doesn't say she is low carb? It seems like she isn't a low carber because she doesn't mention carbs anywhere.

primal pete is offline Senior Member
    One thing worth consideration, is the fact that fat mixed in with any meal will blunt the glycemic load of carbs and ease the requirement on your hormonal systems to balance it out. A bowl of rice mixed with butter and vegetables will not have as pronounced effect on your rise in blood sugar as the it would if you just ate rice. Protein cannot do this in itself, and in fact will also cause a large drop in blood sugar without fat because isolated protein is also highly insulinogenic.

The problem with most scientific research on the subject of excessive carbs + fat together is that it rarely controls for excess calories overall. I don't know of any tightly controlled ward studies that compare the effects of high fat and carb together as being "worse" than not. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. Besides, most starches will taste much better with a little fat mixed in with them. Just don't overdo it.

exactly, I have always thought this it's just that i've seen some people saying that it's bad for you to eat them together, even though it doesn't actually make sense in terms of the scientific causes for CVD. Having saturated fat would only help in my opinion because the more fat and less carbs, the less triglycerides and the less LDL-P is made, so less chance of CVD.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Types of carbs DO matter. Inflammation being the primary thing that drives CVD.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    yes i know this, i meant as in terms of type of carb with saturated fat that causes the saturated fat to be problematic, not the inflammation itself to be problematic.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast