Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: no carbs page 4

Tarlach is offline Member

Primal Fuel

(Taubes; from an on-line source)

Although nutritionists don’t like to talk about this in an era that considers fruits and vegetables to be the sine qua non of a healthful diet, animal products happen to contain all the amino acids, minerals and vitamins essential for health, with the only point of controversy being vitamin C. And the evidence suggests that the vitamin C content of meat products is more than sufficient for health, so long as the diet is indeed carbohydrate-restricted, absent the refined and easily digestible carbohydrates and sugars that would raise blood sugar and insulin levels and so increase our need to obtain vitamin C from the diet.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

• Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . • Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . .• Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    • Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . • Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . • Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    • Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

captainbob Guest

I tried no carbs (or very very little carbs - 15g max) for 2 weeks. Felt great except for sleeping problems towards the end of the two weeks. It might be because I am also pretty active. But I would wake up very early in the morning wide awake, and the number of hours I slept went down to around 6 or 7.

Now I am eating around 50g of carbs a day and sleep closer to 9-10 hours. I will do less carbs again but keep it to a week.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Since going 95% Primal mid-June I sleep about an hour less every night AND I don't do those insulin crash post meal sleepies.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234