Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: no carbs page 3

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

The more I think about it I like the idea of seasonal eating. Eating more carbs during summer when they would be available.

Jedi is offline Member

sue what do you think about the idea of it making you more carb intolerant?

MELANIE Guest

i dont know if i am carb intolerant or not...but im not willing to find out.

AdamKayce is offline Junior Member

Don't sweat it - you'll be just fine without extra carbs (i.e. eating foods that are primarily carb-based).

Up your fat intake to stave off hunger pains, and ease into it, sure... but you'll be just fine. And, many problems (like cravings) go away pretty soon.

And no, I've never heard of "carb intolerance" - but if you have troubles eating grains or such again, that's good! It's your body's way of telling you that stuff's no good for you, right?

Emmelle is offline Member

I'm wondering about the "rebound" effects of adding carbs after a "no-carb" adventure? Is it possible to survive without grains and starches? This is a serious question. I have been a pescetarian for awhile but I don't know if giving up grains and starches is the best way to go.

Emmelle is offline Member

Sorry, my question is: Is it sustainable?

maurile is offline Senior Member

No-carb is indefinitely sustainable.

And it can be done strictly on muscle meats. See the link I gave earlier.

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

Maurille, can you point out the part of the article which suggests that men can survive on only muscle meats?

As far as I'm concerned some organ meats and bone marrow would be essential as well.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

maurile is offline Senior Member

Oops. SerialSinner, no I can't. Looks like I remembered wrong. Sorry.

In the experiment I was thinking of, they ate "steaks, chops, brains fried in bacon fat, boiled short-ribs, chicken, fish, liver and bacon." (Not necessarily an exclusive list -- just examples.) (That's from Section II of Part 2.)

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

I am still reading it and I think its a great article, thanks for posting it. Sometimes its hard to adventure outside of what conventional wisdom dictates, but in this case, everything makes so much sense that I am almost angry it took me so long to realize it. I think Mark deserves credit in this regard. If it wasn't for him, I might still be eating whole grains and lot's of omega 6

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast