Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: no carbs page 2

gn
    gn is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

during the first week when i went significantly low carb some couple of months ago i thought i would die: terrible headache, muscle pain, nausea... but then i somehow adapted;

for a starter, beginning from today, i plan to subject myself to 5-day no carb test (no plants whatsoever; but i guess i would have some carbs from green tea and spices);

as i live in japan i plan to subsist mostly on fish and other sea food;

hope it won't kill me...

MELANIE Guest

i eat no carbs all the time, everyday, 24/7. i occassionally include chicken liver(1 or 2 times a month) but besides that its meat and water. best choice i ever made. i dont think you have to include veg/fruit to be primal. meat is 100% primal.

also, i have no deficiencies and my blood work is perfect before it is asked

ATZ Guest

Meat is suprisingly nutrient dense, even muscle meat.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Melanie, chicken livers have a few carbs, almost 2 per liver. So, if you eat them as I like to and are trying to keep the carbs out, watch out!

Clint is offline Senior Member

Muscle meat certainly has many nutrients, but it doesn't have every nutrient that you need.

Vitamin C & A, for example, is especially low in muscle meat but abundant in liver.

So, while muscle meat is definitely nutritious, you have to eat organ meat as well if you want to eat ONLY animal products. Otherwise, that is where fruits and vegetables come in.

MELANIE Guest

thats why i eat them a few times a month

Nick Guest

[quote]

during the first week when i went significantly low carb some couple of months ago i thought i would die: terrible headache, muscle pain, nausea... but then i somehow adapted;

for a starter, beginning from today, i plan to subject myself to 5-day no carb test (no plants whatsoever; but i guess i would have some carbs from green tea and spices);</blockquote>

Sounds like you may have been potassium deficient.

gn
    gn is offline Junior Member

all right, i quitted after two days, because after reading some stuff here and there, i somehow got an idea that if i continued no-carbing for a long period i could become carb intolerant, so i would have no choice but to give up carbs for good, which is what i have no intention to do

besides, i didn&#39;t feel... &#39;normal&#39;: body felt hot, hands trembling, restlessness... and a simple fear something could go awry; so, my today&#39;s breakfast was a sweet potato and dried figs... overall, i quite feel miserable having succumbed to carbs...

Jedi is offline Member

shame, gn, I was looking forward to hearing more about some no carb experiences.

eyeshield9 is offline Junior Member

I&#39;ve gone a week max on no-carb (if it means below 5g/day)

No side-effects besides keto smell personally. I think I can stay longer but raspberries and broccoli are a weakness.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast