Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Insulin Resistant and feeling lost.. a few EASY links please? page 3

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I have removed 99.9% of the sugar. I did have 1tsp of srircha sauce this week (1g sugar), but am using Frank's Red hot instead (0 sugar). I won't be eating to blood glucose, bc I don't want to test all the time, and bc the one time I tested this week was 5+ hours after lunch and it was normal.

I am eating no sugars, added or otherwise, under 30 carbs a day, no carrots, peas, potatoes, grains, just meat, some cheese, a 1/4 cup blanched almonds for a snack once a day, and low glycemic veggies. To be honest, I am struggling to get all the carbs in and counting full carbs, not net. I know that until I take off the 65 lbs and am not obese anymore, I will remain resistant. I also know that this not a game, this isn't an experiment to see what I can get away with in my eating. I need to change where, what, and why I get my pleasures from. It isn't dim sum, sushi, or chocolate ice cream. It has to go deeper, bc if it makes me sick, then it isn't real pleasure.

I almost feel as if this insulin resistance thing is a gift. Like this will give me a life that I would have never known if I didn't have to remove all the crutches. I know in 6 months, I will be changed. The Whole30 in April 2011 started the change. I know in April 2013, a much greater change will have happened. For the first time in quite awhile, I am looking forward and not feeling the dread of another failed attempt. This is it. I am in the zone like I haven't been in years!

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    to relate ( not compare ) I went full on Keto last year in august. my fasting insulin got to 9 pretty quickly. one year later it is at 5.5

takes a while to see the real deep changes
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Quelsen, I like your style of communication!

I only plan to track my blood sugar a few times a week. I really am just going to watch for it being high. I have never tested high for fasting glucose, but as you so simply stated, I have had enough sugar to be too sweet for my body to handle.

i propose that you are full of sweet yummy goodness lol

have you watched sugar the bitter truth, that is what opened my eyes and allowed me to act on what i always knew. I need no sugar.

case in point. while being in total keto my fasting blood glucose has risen from 90 to 94 as has my H1AC ( 90 day glucose) but my fasting insulin has dropped.

my body can make its own sugar very well

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Ok, am I also going to have keep protein in a certain range? I am eating around 100-180g of protein and calories between 1100-1800. Maybe I am worrying too much. I just want to do this right I guess.

whoa darlin..... IF i read you correctly you need to focus on nutrition not calories

there are minimums. like 0.8 g of protein per pound of lean mass, but I personally find that it changes.

fill your plate with protein and fat, sprinkle on some non starchy veg and eat until your vagus nerve says uncle, lather rinse repeat

eat breakfast, dont eat again until hungry. breakfast is a given everything else is a luxury.

My example breakfast today

16 oz sirloin stew ( with tallow, butter, and coconut oil. Onions, mushrooms, thyme, rosemary, tarragon, garlic)
    16 oz cup of black (12 oz coffee 4 oz heavy whipping cream, 2 tbs butter pinch of stevia)
    2 cocomuffins ( coconut, wonder cocoa, butter, heavy whipping cream, eggs)

that was at 6:30 am it is 13:30 and i am actually wondering if i will eat dinner today

i have had 2 cups of tea at work

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

The calories was just to show I am not gorging, I don't count calories, I am trying to focus on carbs only. I'm not even eating 30 carbs a day. Do you journal your meals?

For breakfast the past few days:
    4 egg omelet with a couple pieces of cheese (want to give up cheese, because it is super processed, work in progress)
    Lunches: salads with meat, cucumbers, broccoli and cauliflower, and some form of meat
    Dinner: meat and 1 cup of one or two veggies, all cooked with butter, ghee or olive oil

Reading Dr. Bernstein's meal plans chapters today. I want to come up with a simple plan so I don't become a freak about this whole thing.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Keto entered and fat burning has begun! For the first time in 5 years I am confident that I am doing the right thing, able to hang with the choice to do what it takes to gain optimal health, and on the road enjoying the journey. I look forward to one day saying when asked how I did it to start with small changes and let the process unfold.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123