Thread: Ahhhh Ultra flu page

Charlie Primal is offline Junior Member

Ahhhh Ultra flu

Primal Fuel
    Hey fellow Grokers,

I am being completely mauled by carb flu. Cant really think straight, feel sick when I eat, got body aches, headache, feel really tired and can't sleep/sleep is very light.

Any suggestions for dealing with the symptoms?

Also, as I want to actually gain some weight, I am finding it hard to get over 100g carbs every day, short of chowing down of sweet potato and wild rice. I eat a fair wack of fruit and veg every day but it just doesn't tip the scales (Probs average about 84g)

What are your carb intake secrets?

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    What's wrong with chowing down on sweet potatos? If you don't like them, try other varieties....some more carb-y fruits include plantains, bananas, mango, pineapple, squash... If you include carbs with each meal it shouldn't be difficult to get your numbers up there so you aren't experiencing carb flu. But you should also make sure it's not something else you're experiencing....as in, the actual flu.
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

@lex is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Tubers, fruit, and rice. I had a bought of the real flu earlier this week, and carby foods were the only ones I could keep down.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
    CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine