Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mark's BF page 3

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    [QUOTE=otzi;991101]I can almost guarantee you will never look like Mark Sisson.

QUOTE]

Thank you so much! I've rodeo'd, shown horses, trained thoroughbred horses all my life, played serious sports, and now play Poker fulltime, so I'm a little competitive.

You just threw down a challenge that I think will motivate me....thanks again!
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

otzi Guest
    [QUOTE=ez2cy;991369]
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I can almost guarantee you will never look like Mark Sisson.

QUOTE]

Thank you so much! I've rodeo'd, shown horses, trained thoroughbred horses all my life, played serious sports, and now play Poker fulltime, so I'm a little competitive.

You just threw down a challenge that I think will motivate me....thanks again!
    I wish you luck, sir!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I am on the Autistic spectrum for those of you that haven't seen my previous posts mentioning that. One of the curses of being Autistic is that we tend to be diagnosed with a host of other, related symptoms (ADHD anyone)?

One of the most unknown, but common diagnosis's which many Autistic individuals receive is the diagnoses of "clinically low muscle tone." This diagnoses not only predisposes us on the spectrum to lower levels of muscle mass, but also predisposes us to difficulty in building mass. I have tried and tried again to put on decent amounts of muscle mass but even "newbie gains" are tough for me, a struggle. Now, Autism is largely caused by genetic factors, as are the majority of the symptoms, so I am a big believer in living up to your genetic potential.

You should strive to have the best body and the best mind that your genes will allow you to have. But not all of us can have huge muscles with no body fat. I am extremely lean thanks to the primal blueprint, have been doing primal blueprint fitness regularly, I was working out at the gym for quite some time, and I still didn't see any noticeable gains. For me, I take solace in the fact that I am lean, I am healthy, my inflammation levels have gone down, I am rarely sick anymore, and I seem to have corrected the majority of my hormonal imbalances since I went off the CW way of eating.

Primal has been a huge boon to me overall, but the muscle gains? Not so much. To each their own, but be proud of what you are, and strive live up to your genetic potential.
    Agreed! I will never squat 300 pounds thanks to my crampy legs, and that's just what it is. I am lucky to have wide shoulders and thick bones, Primal has left me looking pretty good. But everybody has some sort of achilles heel, physical or mental or otherwise. All we can do is the best we can do, and roll into the dirt when death finally comes knocking - be it tomorrow or at age 100!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    I think it's also a matter of Real Life and time. I have a 60-hour-a-week job, as I'm sure many others do (or jobs+school). I'm married with a spouse I like to do things with. I don't have kids at home any more, but a lot of us here do.

I LHT about 3 hours a week, Crossfit 2 or 3 times a week, and hike/mountain bike/ski/snowshoe/snowboard (seasonal!) another 6-8 hours a week. Sure, I could spend more time moving slowly. And I probably could tighten up my nutrition a little. But at a certain point I look at returns for effort. For me, it's not worth the extra effort to get down to 15% bodyfat. I like where I am, I enjoy what I do, and I have a great family life. I don't need anything else!

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    I think you hit the nail on the head Goldie. Each of us have different goals etc in life. Not just in ourselves but what we own etc. Some want a huge home some just want a nice space to live in. Some want a Porche, some just want a way to get to work.

To me, I guess I'm a little vain, would like to be back to where I was pre shoulder replacement at the least. If I could push for more, I will, as I just love the challenge but on the other hand, get extremely discouraged when I don't get what I'm working for..>LOL
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013