Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Mark's BF page 2

  1. #11
    Caveman_Sam's Avatar
    Caveman_Sam is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    36
    Primal Fuel
    He looks around 8% to me.

  2. #12
    Loneketo's Avatar
    Loneketo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    US
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I can almost guarantee you will never look like Mark Sisson. He has been into high endurance sports, body building, whatever, his whole life. He is seeing his genetic potential, same as you want to see, but sadly we all don't have that genetic potential to look like Mark Sisson. I'd be willing to bet he's never had a time when he didn't have visible abs.

    I think for guys like you and me, the best we can hope for is to get rid of visceral fat, get off all meds, and then hit a healthy weight and stay there.

    I'd say the only way it would be possible for a formerly chunky middle-aged man to end up like Mark Sisson would be with relentless training and possibly testosterone/steroid/hgh doping. Without that, you'd have to find a doctor who would test you and get your testosterone, thyroid, and cortisol into the upper 90% of ref range and then live in a gym for a couple years.
    Don't underestimate yourself like that. It certainly is achievable , but only if you have the will and dedication that will get you there. You need to love being active, which Mark obviously does.

  3. #13
    Damiana's Avatar
    Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,689
    I agree. It's possible, and I've seen some amazing transformation stories, but you definitely have to be absolutely dedicated to working your body and eating well.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

    "I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

  4. #14
    oxide's Avatar
    oxide is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    MD/VA/DC
    Posts
    1,249
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I'd say the only way it would be possible for a formerly chunky middle-aged man to end up like Mark Sisson would be with relentless training and possibly testosterone/steroid/hgh doping.
    I dunno, I see a lot of Mark look-a-likes in the Success Stories. Maybe not quite so ripped, but certainly not an impossibility. Tthat said, Mark looks like about a 11%.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

    MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

  5. #15
    Dirlot's Avatar
    Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Edmonton Canada
    Posts
    2,422
    Work out hard, train hard eat STRICT Primal (no alcohol or dairy either) and it is probably atainable at most ages but the older you are the harder the battle will be.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

  6. #16
    otzi's Avatar
    otzi Guest
    In Mark's own words: (from the PB Fitness free download)

    The Primal Blueprint Fitness strategy will help
    you build or maintain lean muscle mass, reduce
    your body fat, increase your energy, improve your
    strength, agility and power-to-weight ratio, reduce
    your risk of getting injured, improve insulin sensitivity,
    boost immune function and increase organ
    reserve. A major side effect, of course, is that you’ll
    look good naked (we affectionately call it “LGN”)!
    Not like a greased up, muscle-bound cover boy or
    girl...more like a Calvin Klein underwear model,
    SI Swimsuit model, Olympic Gymnast, or Linda
    Hamilton in Terminator 2: well-muscled and proportioned,
    with minimal body fat. No matter what
    your family history, you’ll arrive naturally at the
    optimum expression of your own unique genetic
    makeup. Oh sure, you may vary a few percentage
    points in body fat from those with world-class athlete
    genetic attributes, but you’ll be able to maintain
    your fitness and your new body easily on very
    little work, for the rest of your life.

  7. #17
    LauraSB's Avatar
    LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Delaware Valley
    Posts
    717
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I can almost guarantee you will never look like Mark Sisson. He has been into high endurance sports, body building, whatever, his whole life. He is seeing his genetic potential, same as you want to see, but sadly we all don't have that genetic potential to look like Mark Sisson. I'd be willing to bet he's never had a time when he didn't have visible abs.

    I think for guys like you and me, the best we can hope for is to get rid of visceral fat, get off all meds, and then hit a healthy weight and stay there.

    I'd say the only way it would be possible for a formerly chunky middle-aged man to end up like Mark Sisson would be with relentless training and possibly testosterone/steroid/hgh doping. Without that, you'd have to find a doctor who would test you and get your testosterone, thyroid, and cortisol into the upper 90% of ref range and then live in a gym for a couple years.
    I think what's possible has way more to do with genetic potential than life history. My DH (not an athlete, 5'11" and 170lbs) has recently lost 40 lbs, has a rather wimpy weight lifting program and relies too much on cardio. Still, he looks just a decent hard lifting program away from an impressive 6 pack and a Sisson-type body. It's just the shape of his skeleton and the way his muscles are laid on it. He would actually prefer to have a beefier body type, but isn't that always the way?
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

  8. #18
    otzi's Avatar
    otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraSB View Post
    I think what's possible has way more to do with genetic potential than life history. My DH (not an athlete, 5'11" and 170lbs) has recently lost 40 lbs, has a rather wimpy weight lifting program and relies too much on cardio. Still, he looks just a decent hard lifting program away from an impressive 6 pack and a Sisson-type body. It's just the shape of his skeleton and the way his muscles are laid on it. He would actually prefer to have a beefier body type, but isn't that always the way?
    I think this is even clearer when you look at someone who has been a 'stringbean' their whole life, then got skinny-fat laster in life. These guys will never, ever look like Mark Sisson. I think everyone on the planet has a potential to become lean and somewhat muscular, not everyone is going to end up like Mark Sisson.

  9. #19
    Drumroll's Avatar
    Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,846
    I am on the Autistic spectrum for those of you that haven't seen my previous posts mentioning that. One of the curses of being Autistic is that we tend to be diagnosed with a host of other, related symptoms (ADHD anyone)?

    One of the most unknown, but common diagnosis's which many Autistic individuals receive is the diagnoses of "clinically low muscle tone." This diagnoses not only predisposes us on the spectrum to lower levels of muscle mass, but also predisposes us to difficulty in building mass. I have tried and tried again to put on decent amounts of muscle mass but even "newbie gains" are tough for me, a struggle. Now, Autism is largely caused by genetic factors, as are the majority of the symptoms, so I am a big believer in living up to your genetic potential.

    You should strive to have the best body and the best mind that your genes will allow you to have. But not all of us can have huge muscles with no body fat. I am extremely lean thanks to the primal blueprint, have been doing primal blueprint fitness regularly, I was working out at the gym for quite some time, and I still didn't see any noticeable gains. For me, I take solace in the fact that I am lean, I am healthy, my inflammation levels have gone down, I am rarely sick anymore, and I seem to have corrected the majority of my hormonal imbalances since I went off the CW way of eating.

    Primal has been a huge boon to me overall, but the muscle gains? Not so much. To each their own, but be proud of what you are, and strive live up to your genetic potential.

  10. #20
    egrok's Avatar
    egrok is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Buffalo, ny
    Posts
    50
    Thanks for sharing! I've been wondering what my ballpark bodyfat is. I'd say I'm around 25

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •