Thread: Casein allergy - Dairy page

AdamC29 is offline Senior Member

Casein allergy - Dairy

So I have found out that Casein seems to be my Kryptonite!

I Cut dairy out for a month and then reintroduced and got itchy eyes, wheezy chest, tired, bad stomach almost straight away..

So a quick google reveals I am probably allergic to Casein.

No biggie, I am not a fan of milk anyway but I like Cheese.

So is there anyone else who has to cut Dairy and what has been your experience and tips to manage it?

I am on coconut milk for hot beverages and almond milk looks an interesting alternative.
    2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    It might be a silver lining. A lot of people here seem to feel they lose a lot more easily when they cut out the dairy. Makes sense, as milk is used mostly in the animal and human world to fatten up infants
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    I have the same reactions to it - in fact, I'm pretty much asthma-free without it, not to mention without sinus congestion, a stuffy nose and itchy ears.

The only thing I've been able to tolerate so far is ghee in very small amounts. I've gone the goat's milk route (kefir) as well as sheep's milk (yogurt) and still had issues, though they were much milder than my reactions to cow's milk. Finally accepted the fact that I'm much better off without dairy, period. Besides, coconut milk does a body good.
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

cayla29s is offline Senior Member
    I cut out dairy from my diet for a few years now and I can say I don't have anymore gas or bloating. I do still consume protein powder but it has a very low lactose content, skim milk in my coffee and grass fed butter for cooking. These food don't seem to give me any problems. I definitely can't have cheese or any kind of yogurt.

I had environmental allergies before Paleo but its the grains that made it go away.

AdamC29 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks for the replies.

Cut out dairy fully for a week now. Feeling good initially but ended up getting a cold and a chest infection - my first in years.

this really surprised me and not sure whether it is just my body adapting as I have been fighting off illness for while.
    2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life