Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yoga? :S page

shelbyeagle143 is offline Junior Member

Yoga? :S

Primal Fuel
    Does anyone know the benefits of yoga that they have encountered? Id really like to be more in touch with my body and mind.

Sambo712 is offline Senior Member
    Yoga is a fantastic way to exercise, and in my opinion, leads to a greater overall quality of life. I gives you a great core workout and can be strengthening as well when done right. It helps with posture, and greatly improves flexibility, which is always a good thing. Possibly most importantly is that training of the mind that goes hand in hand with the ancient techniques. Through learning to discipline your body, you also begin to discipline your mind. I have been practicing yoga for 3 years now, and have a pretty substantial ability to calm my mind, no matter the time or place, and that is more than enough to make it worth it.

I would encourage you to give it a shot, you can be the most inexperienced and inflexible of beginners and still reap benefits from the practice. Nothing to lose but some sweat.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    just try it and see.

shelbyeagle143 is offline Junior Member
    Will do!

sami8 is offline Junior Member
    Hello Guys!I am starting yoga exercise, and I am thinking something about that.I feel happy because i loss great amount of my extra weight.I wanted to start yoga to become more flexible.Does that mean that yoga also helps with skin elasticity or not?Please tell me!Thanks!!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    We can only hope............ I have just started doing yoga and I love it!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    I started doing yoga occasionally on my "off" days a while back (yay for drop in classes at 24 Hour Fitness), and noticed a real difference, especially in how my back feels. I'm in good enough shape to where an hour of yoga isn't a particularly taxing workout (although some things are definitely challenging), but if I miss a couple of weeks I definitely don't feel as good. I'd recommend it.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    I love it - I'm doing 3-4 classes a week. I like doing it either before or after a different kind of workout because it's relaxing and so good for controlled flexibility.

Sambo712 is offline Senior Member
    I don't think there is any correlation between flexibility and elasticity, but there are some great posts about skin elasticity. The summary of many of them is to not worry about it, once you get a low enough level of body fat, your skin will stretch back, unless you are a bit of an extreme case. Just remember that it takes time and try not to stress about it.

PandaRose is offline Member
    yoga is the best. makes you strong and tight and flexible. disciplined in both mind and body. more centered and slower to react emotionally. you get the sense that you are really taking the time to do something great for yourself. i had back pain which yoga improved and i think will keep away since it does give you such a solid core I think back injuries and such are less likely. great, intense work out that is not stressful. yoga is older than jesus christ.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast