Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whats your best speed for 100m sprint rows? page 3

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My damper sticks around 5.

My new favorite warmup is 400m row. 45 sec rest: 300m row, 30 sec rest; 200m row, 15 sec rest; 100m row. I'm trying to keep in around 4:30-5:00 total.

I've just started rowing. Loving it m

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    How tall are all of you? I'm 5'4".

My friend who is 6'2" made 1:30 500m rows look really easy. He has pretty strong legs, but being tall certainly helps in power output

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TLoRu View Post
    My damper sticks around 5.

My new favorite warmup is 400m row. 45 sec rest: 300m row, 30 sec rest; 200m row, 15 sec rest; 100m row. I'm trying to keep in around 4:30-5:00 total.

I've just started rowing. Loving it m
    That sounds appealing as it's in line with interval training. When you say rest, that's total rest right? i.e you are essentially rowing 1000 m in 3 mins 30 secs total over 5 mins? If so, that's very impressive.

I have the damper stick on 8 - feels about right for me.

I'm 5' 3" with inside leg 28 inches. Certainly doesn't help with power output!
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

zilog is offline Senior Member
    yep being tall is a massive advantage when rowing. However it's a disadvantage when it comes to weightlifting, and I know which one I'd rather be better at!

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    That sounds appealing as it's in line with interval training. When you say rest, that's total rest right? i.e you are essentially rowing 1000 m in 3 mins 30 secs total over 5 mins? If so, that's very impressive.

I have the damper stick on 8 - feels about right for me.

I'm 5' 3" with inside leg 28 inches. Certainly doesn't help with power output!
    Yeah. And this is a warm up. I'm hauling ass to make that total time, I just keep it going.
    I'm only 5'1... Yikes

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TLoRu View Post
    Yeah. And this is a warm up. I'm hauling ass to make that total time, I just keep it going.
    I'm only 5'1... Yikes
    OK - I get it now - you are doing true intervals.

And you're 5' 1. Awesome.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Asmodeuskraemer is offline Senior Member
    I rowed a couple years ago and I loved it. Its a helluva workout. People who like it should try to get a coach to help them with their form because holding proper form works ALL your muscles. Rowing shoulders.jpg
    Those muscles were from rowing only. It was near the end of my time with the club I used to row that we started adding situps and things. They were harder than I thought but not impossible. I'm hoping to get back into rowing as I just joined a gym with a concept2.

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Rowing is a fantastic workout. I'm working with a couple of rowers and they all pullreally well on the erg's. Great stroke rate and output.

The C2's are great for conditioning, strength, muscle building.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Asmodeuskraemer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardmac View Post
    Rowing is a fantastic workout. I'm working with a couple of rowers and they all pullreally well on the erg's. Great stroke rate and output.

The C2's are great for conditioning, strength, muscle building.

Richard
    I just joined a gym and went rowing this morning. Its been so long. I did 2000M in about 14.5 minutes. Suuuper slow. I took a lot of breaks to stretch and reacclimate myself to the erg. It felt good. I then did 5 minutes of extra rowing ontop of that, just to work on my form. I had jelly legs when I stood up and my shoulders and back are sore.
    Rowing is a crazy good workout. I really missed it. I was kind of laughing in the gym and I'm sure I was loud as hell and disturbing Ye Olde Elliptical-ers.
    It will take me a long time to get back to where I want, but I'm happy to try. I had the best legs, arms and shoulders that I've ever had when I was rowing consistently. About 4 hours/week. I would like to keep it around 3, maybe, with some weights and stuff thrown in to give me 4 hours total. Rowing works your upper calves, right under your knee. I seriously had killer calves. WOOT!

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeuskraemer View Post
    I just joined a gym and went rowing this morning. Its been so long. I did 2000M in about 14.5 minutes. Suuuper slow. I took a lot of breaks to stretch and reacclimate myself to the erg. It felt good. I then did 5 minutes of extra rowing ontop of that, just to work on my form. I had jelly legs when I stood up and my shoulders and back are sore.
    Rowing is a crazy good workout. I really missed it. I was kind of laughing in the gym and I'm sure I was loud as hell and disturbing Ye Olde Elliptical-ers.
    It will take me a long time to get back to where I want, but I'm happy to try. I had the best legs, arms and shoulders that I've ever had when I was rowing consistently. About 4 hours/week. I would like to keep it around 3, maybe, with some weights and stuff thrown in to give me 4 hours total. Rowing works your upper calves, right under your knee. I seriously had killer calves. WOOT!
    Haha yeh it will do that to you.

All rowing is great. I might be working with some open ocean rowers soon (not alot of leg drive mainly upperbody pull) as well as the canal rowers and it really is a fantastic workout. There are about 3-4 rowing tests I use to measure different things, all suck whilst doing them but are a fantastic workout.

Keep it up, you wont regret it.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast