Thread: Hi page

LWM
    LWM is offline Junior Member

Hi

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone, I am new to this way of life and thinking about trying it. I have been a vegetarian for about 8 years and thinking about trying to eat Primal/Paleo with lots of eggs and no meat. Giving up legumes will be the hardest for me, beans are so darn good, but I think the switch might be good for me as I am having a very difficult time losing weight and I keep having all these other random health issues creep up. So hopefully trying this diet will help me out health-wise. I know a lot of people will say you can't do this without eating meat, but is there honestly any essential nutrient that you get from meat that you can't get from eggs? I am just such an animal lover that the thought of eating one is just a no-go for me.

I am excited to learn a lot here!

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Welcome.

A good piece of meat is about more than just nutrients to me. It is satisfying and satiating!

I love animals too, but that doesn't stop me from eating them. I just choose to eat the ones that had happy, fulfilling lives before they assumed their position in the circle of life.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

LWM
    LWM is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the welcome.

I think I am weird because I don't even like meat, which is how I began my transition to becoming vegetarian. I would much rather eat a bean burrito than a steak - yuck!