Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A question for the Grokettes. page

Kieran is offline Junior Member

A question for the Grokettes.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello Ladies.
    I was wondering what you look for in a man? How do you like a man to approach you? What would be your top tips for single men looking to meet a girl?
    I ask this as ive been reading alot of dating "advice" latly and its pretty much all written by men so just wanted to get a females point of view. I thought to myself, what better place to ask than the MDA forum which is full of open minded, helpful women.
    Cheers, Kieran
    Last edited by Kieran; 10-29-2012 at 02:33 PM.

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    I think once a woman gets beyond the "i like his looks" she will be looking for consideration - just things like courtesy, (dont cancel dates at the last minute), dont plan an activity you "hope" she'll like (ask her if she wants to see a ball game, or that new horror movie). Simply being honest, having consideration, and being thoughtful are very important qualities in any relationship.

sunne1954home is offline Junior Member
    what is a grokette? a diminuation of grok?? grok is a gender neutral term.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Hello girls.
    I was wondering what you look for in a man?
    Me. Thread closed. You're welcome.

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Hello girls.
    I was wondering what you look for in a man? How do you like a man to approach you? What would be your top tips for single men looking to meet a girl?
    I ask this as ive been reading alot of dating "advice" latly and its pretty much all written by men so just wanted to get a females point of view. I thought to myself, what better place to ask than the MDA forum which is full of open minded, helpful women.
    Cheers, Kieran
    I am guessing that you don't mean to call women "girls" (since you later use the word women) and I think if you want someone who thinks of herself as an equal you'll have to stop referring to full grown adult women as "girls." That would be a start.

Just be yourself. That's the most important thing I would think. That way if you're an ass, she can find out sooner than later.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Lets not get too PC here about Grok/Grokette. Part the looks, I like a guy who is courteous, confident, and is able to hold a conversation. Approaching me is difficult, it depends on my first impressions of you, if its a good first impression, I will be more receptive, if not you just become the creepy guy who asked for my number. I'd say a good way to meet girls is just to chat someone up when you're doing an activity you like, browsing through a bookstore or a sports gear store or a gym. Whatever you enjoy, it's a good common ground for starters.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    Lets not get too PC here about Grok/Grokette. Part the looks, I like a guy who is courteous, confident, and is able to hold a conversation. Approaching me is difficult, it depends on my first impressions of you, if its a good first impression, I will be more receptive, if not you just become the creepy guy who asked for my number. I'd say a good way to meet girls is just to chat someone up when you're doing an activity you like, browsing through a bookstore or a sports gear store or a gym. Whatever you enjoy, it's a good common ground for starters.
    Thanks this is exactly the answer i was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by jojohaligo View Post
    I am guessing that you don't mean to call women "girls" (since you later use the word women) and I think if you want someone who thinks of herself as an equal you'll have to stop referring to full grown adult women as "girls." That would be a start.

Just be yourself. That's the most important thing I would think. That way if you're an ass, she can find out sooner than later.
    I'm sorry if i offended, was just trying to be informal on a somtimes akward subject. Considering many women refer to their female friends as their "girl-friends" and grown men and women refer to each other as girlfriend and boyfriend i didnt think it was a big deal. But thanks for advice.

Quote Originally Posted by sunne1954home View Post
    what is a grokette? a diminuation of grok?? grok is a gender neutral term.
    It was a play on words, was not meant to be offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Me. Thread closed. You're welcome.

Cheers will definitely give that ago.

Quote Originally Posted by HopelessDreamer View Post
    I think once a woman gets beyond the "i like his looks" she will be looking for consideration - just things like courtesy, (dont cancel dates at the last minute), dont plan an activity you "hope" she'll like (ask her if she wants to see a ball game, or that new horror movie). Simply being honest, having consideration, and being thoughtful are very important qualities in any relationship.
    Good advice, thanks.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Keiran, firstly good luck on your quest. I haven't been in the dating game for 29 years, and then I wasn't really "in" the dating game! My husband picked me up hitch-hiking !!!! however I do not suggest that this is how you go about it !!!!!!
    Beauty comes from within, whether you are a male or female.
    Honesty is your best medicine, however don't tell her about the boils on your bum - let her find them herself !!!! Don't tell her that you are a proctocologist - wait for her to tell you about her piles ! For heavens sake do not....and I repeat.... DO NOT tell her about your ex-partner, who ran off with dadedas daughters, husbands ex marine buddy, after having a b'n'd sess with a chick from out of town. These things don't go down well with the first impression image
    Don't name drop and flex your muscles, cos (in this old Gwammas opinion), it becomes quite cheesy. However if after a few dates in - you would like her to know that - the Queen of England is you cousin - slip it in !!!!!
    Smile, look her in the eye, and see where it takes you....good luck, and failing all of that - come over to NZ. We have some lovely genuine chicks over here. Well worth a visit !!!!
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast