Thread: Dr Oz may have finally got it right? page

Dirlot is offline Senior Member

Dr Oz may have finally got it right?

Primal Fuel
    On The View today Dr Oz was talking about needing to loose weight to have a healthy liver and heart.
    Paraphrased quotes -
    Sugar not fat causes atherosclerosis.
    Cut white foods, white bread, pasta, white flour sugar etc
    Eat real foods, foods that come out of the ground. He never mentioned whole grains but the real foods is a start.
    Meat is not the cause of obesity in America.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Asmodeuskraemer is offline Senior Member
    Well, partially right, at least. Meat is not the cause of obesity..sure isn't! And the sugar thing, as well as eating things from the ground...but there's very little in there that would help people really get on the right track. "Real food" is so broad..mac and cheese might be real food to people. When I hear that, I think "BACON! EGGS! Frackin' SAUSAGE!" but someone else might here "Hey! bread!" or whatever.
    Also, doesn't this kind of contradict a lot of what he's peddled before? Like those stupid weight loss bars and other products? I can't watch the show but I did see that clip with all the overweight women and he presented one of them with a sample menu for the day. Bread with sugar, bread with vegetables and low fat meat and beans and then more bread for dinner. Or maybe a salad. I couldn't finish the clip. But gross. Him backpedaling doesn't make him "right", it makes him a dumb ass.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    I know he is all over the place, I guess it is like putting a thousand monkeys in front of a 1000 typewriters for 1000 years eventually one of the will write the opening line to Hamlet.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day...

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day...
    Fersure.

But I can't hate the guy. Anyone who would have his butt scoped on national tv has a little bit of my respect. It's estimated that ~30,000 people each year die because they didn't have this little procedure in their 50th year on the planet. If he saved 10 people with that broadcast, he did something.

otzi Guest
    He said if I ate one bite of ice cream less a day, I'd lose 10lbs a year. Well, I started eating 2 gallons of ice cream every day and spit the last bite out and I gained weight. He's a liar.