Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat MOAR meat!

Hybrid View

Eat MOAR meat!

Well, it's the last category to praise, isn't it? Meat is the one that works for me.

Eating MOAR meat not only makes me want to ROAR from the energy, it actually builds muscle on me. That was the first thing I noticed about going primal, even before getting exercise, was that eating more meat was putting muscle on me.

Eating MOAR meat makes me way less hungry. I have a complete inability to fight my hunger. Meat just takes it away.

Eggs and greek yogurt and cheese and protein smoothies and other almost meats are NOT MEAT. When I say eat MOAR meat, I mean MEAT. There's nothing wrong with those things if you like them, nuts too, but it's not MEAT. If you are eating those things because they seem more dainty or less calorie dense or easier and more palatable, you are cheating yourself at least some of the time.

- Steak. I don't care if it's CAFO, eat it. It is good for you. Get it leaner if it bothers you.
    - Chicken. Eat the whole damn chicken. Not just the breast. Eat the skin. There was a time when chicken was luxury meat, not starvation rations.
    - Lamb or mutton. God yesssss. Eat more LAMB.
    - Sausage. At the hoity-toity health food store they grind up all that unsold expensive lamb into sausage. Same goes for those $25 a pound steaks and pork loins. Mmmm. Sausage.
    - Pork. Oh yeah. The king of meats. Only the tiniest portion of pork fat is PUFA. The vast majority is monounsaturated, just like avocados. Eat your pork with relish. And I don't mean bacon, I mean PORK.
    - Fish. In a can you eat the bones. In a steak you can't eat the bones. Eat both though because a salmon steak is a beautiful platform on which to serve an elegant, simple meal. Eat fish EVERY DAY if possible!
    - Shellfish. Oysters and mussels are my favorite. Crustaceans much less so, but eat them and don't worry so much about where they come from. EAT THEM!

If every meal I eat contains a big portion of meat and perhaps a small portion of potatoes, I feel great. Invincible. Cheerful. In control. I add veggies to add volume. I add potatoes to help fill me up even more. The hungrier I am, the bigger my salad or my pile of cauliflower or whatever.

I bring a steak when I go hiking. The original protein bar.

I've tried ketogenic, I've tried all potatoes, but what really works for me for the best health, the best body, the best mental health is MEAT. I always come back to it.

MOAR Meat!
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

This thread is relevant to my interests.

Yep mine too, I luv meat. I think the steak or meat and egg diet is the way to go for me.

Just received our 1/4 beast and whole lamb both grass feed. I had the tenderest scotch fillet tonight with eggs, salad and a potatoe or two... Bloody tasted great.

Oh and when we do hunting or armed tramping trips we always take vac packed steak for the first couple of nights.. Great trail food, if not some what heavy..
    Last edited by fat belly frog; 10-29-2012 at 07:45 AM.
    "Times fun when you are having Flies" Kermit the frog

This thread has inspired me to put a bunch of pork in my face-hole. brb
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

I cut pork shoulder into strips the other night and wrapped it in bacon. I knew it was so rich that I wouldn't be able to eat a side, so that was supper. Does that pass the Eat MOAR meat! test?

I don't eat much chicken skin because I don't have a source I trust for really free range (as opposed to govt defined free range) chickens and since animals store the worst crap in their fat and organs... I do buy organic chicken livers because I love liver.

Total agreement on fish. I eat a lot of it, especially fatty wild salmon.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 10-29-2012 at 08:38 AM.

I'll be doing this next if potatoes fail me. And gosh, I sure miss my fatty meat.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

in all seriousness, its the same for me. If I'm hungry, charred animal fleshes are where its at. (not really charred, mostly just warmed LOL.)

This is what I learned from PHD dude who is paleo/primal fan

Eat Protein and Carbs; Reduce Fat

This may surprise many readers, since we’re fat-friendly, but there should be no reduction in carb or protein consumption on weight loss diets. Calorie restriction should come out of fat.
    The Perfect Health Diet “plateau range” for carbs and protein is 600 to 1200 calories. Eating less than 600 combined carb+protein calories per day raises the specter of either protein deficiency (leading to hunger) or glucose deficiency (leading to zero-carb dangers).
    So if a typical daily intake is 400 carb calories and 300 protein calories, there’s really not much room to cut protein or carbs.
    Remember that the body doesn’t have a significant store of carbs; the body’s total glycogen supply amounts to about a day’s needs. Nor does it have a store of protein, apart from skeletal muscle; and you don’t want to lose your muscle.
    But it does have a large store of fat – those adipose cells that you want to shrink.
    So to conserve muscle and reduce fat tissue, you have to eat your normal allotment of protein and carbs while restricting fat intake. As long as there is no serious dysfunction of adipose cells, they will release fat as needed to meet the body’s fat needs. And that’s what you want – fat being moved out of adipose cells to be burned.
    So your calorie-restricted weight loss diet will be just as nourishing as your regular diet. Only the source of the nourishing fats – adipose cells instead of food – will be different.
    I also took these notes:
    eat 3 eggs per day
    ¼ beef or lamb liver per week
    1lb salmon per week
    beef & lamb good choices
    1lb safe starches per day

This is for weight loss and it seems to work for me.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Gopintos, where did you get this info? Who is Phd dude? He sounds like someone I'd like to read.

I have been stalled out for a long time and have just recently figured out that I really have been eating too much fat and not enough protien. The weight (fat) seems to be coming off. I will know how well this works in about a month.

Over all just so every one knows I

1. Killed dairy and use coconut creamer in my coffee.
    2. Started Body By science work out.
    3. Calorie restricted keeping my protien at normal levels. About 1gm per pound of body weight.
    4. Reduced fat intake. I.e. the restriction is from fat calories.
    5. Caribs at about 30-40 gm per day.
    6. Bike sprint's one to two times per week.

This has really gotten me back on track. Next month I will be off permanent night work. Once my sleep is totally handled my expectation is that the rest of the fat I carry will fall off.

Thanks for the thread. This has been a great one.

M

Quote Originally Posted by AnarchoGrok View Post
    Gopintos, where did you get this info? Who is Phd dude? He sounds like someone I'd like to read.

I have been stalled out for a long time and have just recently figured out that I really have been eating too much fat and not enough protien. The weight (fat) seems to be coming off. I will know how well this works in about a month.
    That was soooo me!! I can lose with fat (until I get about 75%) but not nearly as fast as when I dial it back. PHD dude is Perfect Health Diet dude. He is normally a higher fat kind of guy (like 60-65% I think) except if you are trying to lose weight.

Perfect Health Diet: Weight Loss Version | Perfect Health Diet

If you are trying to lose weight, he says eat your protein, eat your starchy carbs (about a pound every day) and keep your fat to 30-40%.

Looks like you have made tremendous progress!!
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey