Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat MOAR meat! page

sbhikes is offline Senior Member

Eat MOAR meat!

Primal Fuel
    Well, it's the last category to praise, isn't it? Meat is the one that works for me.

Eating MOAR meat not only makes me want to ROAR from the energy, it actually builds muscle on me. That was the first thing I noticed about going primal, even before getting exercise, was that eating more meat was putting muscle on me.

Eating MOAR meat makes me way less hungry. I have a complete inability to fight my hunger. Meat just takes it away.

Eggs and greek yogurt and cheese and protein smoothies and other almost meats are NOT MEAT. When I say eat MOAR meat, I mean MEAT. There's nothing wrong with those things if you like them, nuts too, but it's not MEAT. If you are eating those things because they seem more dainty or less calorie dense or easier and more palatable, you are cheating yourself at least some of the time.

- Steak. I don't care if it's CAFO, eat it. It is good for you. Get it leaner if it bothers you.
    - Chicken. Eat the whole damn chicken. Not just the breast. Eat the skin. There was a time when chicken was luxury meat, not starvation rations.
    - Lamb or mutton. God yesssss. Eat more LAMB.
    - Sausage. At the hoity-toity health food store they grind up all that unsold expensive lamb into sausage. Same goes for those $25 a pound steaks and pork loins. Mmmm. Sausage.
    - Pork. Oh yeah. The king of meats. Only the tiniest portion of pork fat is PUFA. The vast majority is monounsaturated, just like avocados. Eat your pork with relish. And I don't mean bacon, I mean PORK.
    - Fish. In a can you eat the bones. In a steak you can't eat the bones. Eat both though because a salmon steak is a beautiful platform on which to serve an elegant, simple meal. Eat fish EVERY DAY if possible!
    - Shellfish. Oysters and mussels are my favorite. Crustaceans much less so, but eat them and don't worry so much about where they come from. EAT THEM!

If every meal I eat contains a big portion of meat and perhaps a small portion of potatoes, I feel great. Invincible. Cheerful. In control. I add veggies to add volume. I add potatoes to help fill me up even more. The hungrier I am, the bigger my salad or my pile of cauliflower or whatever.

I bring a steak when I go hiking. The original protein bar.

I've tried ketogenic, I've tried all potatoes, but what really works for me for the best health, the best body, the best mental health is MEAT. I always come back to it.

MOAR Meat!
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    This thread is relevant to my interests.

fat belly frog is offline Senior Member
    Yep mine too, I luv meat. I think the steak or meat and egg diet is the way to go for me.

Just received our 1/4 beast and whole lamb both grass feed. I had the tenderest scotch fillet tonight with eggs, salad and a potatoe or two... Bloody tasted great.

Oh and when we do hunting or armed tramping trips we always take vac packed steak for the first couple of nights.. Great trail food, if not some what heavy..
    Last edited by fat belly frog; 10-29-2012 at 06:45 AM.
    "Times fun when you are having Flies" Kermit the frog

bdilla is offline Senior Member
    This thread has inspired me to put a bunch of pork in my face-hole. brb
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I cut pork shoulder into strips the other night and wrapped it in bacon. I knew it was so rich that I wouldn't be able to eat a side, so that was supper. Does that pass the Eat MOAR meat! test?

I don't eat much chicken skin because I don't have a source I trust for really free range (as opposed to govt defined free range) chickens and since animals store the worst crap in their fat and organs... I do buy organic chicken livers because I love liver.

Total agreement on fish. I eat a lot of it, especially fatty wild salmon.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 10-29-2012 at 07:38 AM.

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    I'll be doing this next if potatoes fail me. And gosh, I sure miss my fatty meat.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    in all seriousness, its the same for me. If I'm hungry, charred animal fleshes are where its at. (not really charred, mostly just warmed LOL.)

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Oh, yeah, how could I forget liver. Liver is meat.

Lots of vitamins in meat, too. During the time of scurvy, when explorers and militaries were dying by the scores, they tried preventing scurvy with vegetables. They tried preventing it with lime juice. They still died by the dozens. What worked was fresh meat. Getting off the boat and hunting. Pemmican also worked.

Meat is the one thing you can eat indefinitely and stay healthy. It has all the amino acids and vitamins you need.

Meat cures/cured my eating-disorder-style problems with food. As long as I have enough meat, I don't obsess, I don't eat more than I should, I don't get fat, I don't think oh my god I must have chocolate. None of that.

Okay, time to tuck into some lamb sausage. I'm hungry.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

patski is offline Senior Member
    Last night, my very late night dinner while watching Breaking Bad was about 6 - 8 oz of FLANK STEAK.

STEEEAAAAKKKKK.

Good lord, I love steak. And pork. And yes, lamb too. Chicken is boring, but now when I buy it, it's bone-in, skin-on ONLY.

I'm with you, sb. Meat makes hunger go away in a snap. I'm ridiculously happy I'm not allergic to ANY meat.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I love this thread as well! I think part of my failure with the moar fat was the cutting the meat back. I can even remember typing that I was going to cut back on the beef & pork. uggh

The tator was a nice little trick to jumpstart me again, a nice little hack for a few days, to make me snap out of it and to show me I can have carbs again. It has a place in my weight loss journey, along with the need to up my protein. Which wont be hard. It is the easist one for me to over do it so I had to try really hard to eat less of it. double uggh

So my new macros are focusing on protein, including starch, but keeping my fat in check. This is what makes me lose weight it seems. This is how I started my journey, I think this will help me to finish it. My favorite new breakfast has become eggs & salmon. I did the steak&eggs for a day the other day, and I can do that one easy peasy also. I was hungrier than with all tators, but it was still very easy and still produced some nice weight loss.

I have more energy now. I am exercising again. The scale is moving, the tape measure is moving. I am happy about it again but sad that I didnt snap out of it sooner but I wanted to give it a fair amount of time. Anyways, making progress now
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast