Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat MOAR meat! page 9

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Meat is for breakfast. I had liver for breakfast with onions and broccoli. I don't do eggs anymore. I don't do ketosis anymore, either.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Never had lamb?? *faints*

This is utterly inexplicable to an antipodean! Right, you have to come down and visit us, and I'll make you a lovely roast leg all yummy and browned and fatty on the outside and juicy and pink on the inside.

Damn, now I want meat. And it's only breakfast time. Off to cook a steak anyway...
    I would LOVE to come visit! Australia, that's just a state or two over from California, right?

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Meat is for breakfast. I had liver for breakfast with onions and broccoli. I don't do eggs anymore. I don't do ketosis anymore, either.
    You don't do eggs?

Have you discovered that you have an allergy or something? That would be the only read on for skipping out on them in my mind, unless you lack a good source for fresh eggs that is.

Ketosis for me is as it is. If I get into it, great, if not, oh well. I tend to go in and out in cycles relating to my daily fast and single meal. Some days I'm in it deep, other days, I'm not in it for even a minute.

Catrin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    ..Ketosis for me is as it is. If I get into it, great, if not, oh well. I tend to go in and out in cycles relating to my daily fast and single meal. Some days I'm in it deep, other days, I'm not in it for even a minute.
    How do you even tell if you are there? Then again, that is a different topic - so I will use the search function

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I stopped eating eggs a while back. The chickens stopped laying. I never bought any eggs to make up for the lack of laying. I will eat eggs now and then, just not every day anymore. I do seem to have a little less post nasal drip from not eating eggs.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    The chickens stopped laying.
    That's when she started eating moar (chicken) meat.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

I stopped eating eggs a while back. The chickens stopped laying. I never bought any eggs to make up for the lack of laying. I will eat eggs now and then, just not every day anymore. I do seem to have a little less post nasal drip from not eating eggs.
    Aaaaaaaah, gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    How do you even tell if you are there? Then again, that is a different topic - so I will use the search function
    You don't really know, except for the urine test strips and/or a blood ketone test. If done right, you really shouldn't feel any different than you do when utilizing glucose for fule.

You mind might be a little clearer and your energy a bit more stable when in ketosis though so those may be slight signs.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    I would LOVE to come visit! Australia, that's just a state or two over from California, right?
    Yep, hang a right and keep heading straight down. Be careful not to trip over New Zealand on the way.

(Actually, a pratfall into NZ wouldn't be such a bad thing. It's very nice there. And they have LOTS of lamb, nom nom. I have never seen SOOO many sheep in my life, and all so clean and white and cute and delicious-looking.)
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

drjoyous is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    That's when she started eating moar (chicken) meat.
    HAHAHAHAHA! you made my day...

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast