Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat MOAR meat! page 8

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    That was soooo me!! I can lose with fat (until I get about 75%) but not nearly as fast as when I dial it back. PHD dude is Perfect Health Diet dude. He is normally a higher fat kind of guy (like 60-65% I think) except if you are trying to lose weight.

Perfect Health Diet: Weight Loss Version | Perfect Health Diet

If you are trying to lose weight, he says eat your protein, eat your starchy carbs (about a pound every day) and keep your fat to 30-40%.

Looks like you have made tremendous progress!!
    Interesting how different things work for different people. I couldn't lose until I upped my fat (way up!) and went VLC. I tried the Perfect Health approach for awhile and just maintained... didn't do any counting or anything, but lowered my fat and upped my carbs a bit... doesn't work for weight loss for me!

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Hungry for lamb all of a sudden...
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Hungry for lamb all of a sudden...
    me too! I have a roast (i think it is a roast) in the freezer. Might have to dig that out for tomorrow
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    I've never had lamb. Now I want to try it.

Asmodeuskraemer is offline Senior Member
    You know, I've ALWAYS loved meat. I do really well when I eat a lot of it, too. High protein, high fat always makes me feel really good.
    Nuts and high protein dairy just doesn't do it for me. It had to be meat.
    Question: Does too much protein keep you fat? I honestly could eat a diet almost entirely of meat, with a large salad every other day. I have done this in the past, not for very long because I'm not sure what to think of it. Thoughts? Ideas?

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i have some lamb chops defrosting right now. i am even gonna have to give some of them to the dog as he is out of food and i am not going to town for 2 days!

Question: Does too much protein keep you fat? I honestly could eat a diet almost entirely of meat, with a large salad every other day. I have done this in the past, not for very long because I'm not sure what to think of it. Thoughts? Ideas?
    i dont know the answer to this but i am totally with you. from what i have read tho excess protein gets converted to glucose by the body but it's not that simple. i think mark did a blog post on it a while back.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    How about a large t-bone, leftover from yesterday's cook out with some mushrooms sauteed in butter. Will slice and chop some tomatoes and cucumbers, dress with some EVOO and sprinkle a little feta over it. Sounds like dinner time to me.
    Last edited by Graycat; 11-05-2012 at 01:56 PM.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I don't think too much protein will keep you fat. First of all, if you eat too much protein you're going to go ew, gag me, please no more protein. And second, just ask yourself, "Am I hungry enough to eat some meat?" If the answer is No, you are either not hungry or have had too much protein already.

I am hungry enough to eat some more meat and it's taking a lot of willpower not to because it's already after 4pm and I don't want to spoil dinner.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I don't think too much protein will keep you fat. First of all, if you eat too much protein you're going to go ew, gag me, please no more protein. And second, just ask yourself, "Am I hungry enough to eat some meat?" If the answer is No, you are either not hungry or have had too much protein already.

I am hungry enough to eat some more meat and it's taking a lot of willpower not to because it's already after 4pm and I don't want to spoil dinner.
    Too much protein can keep you out of ketosis since it'll get turned to glucose, albeit extremely slowly. On the other hand, protein is still very satiating, so even if it keeps you out of ketosis, I agree with you that it probably won't make someone fat. It does a very good job of keeping one's overall caloric intake in check.

In addition, you can easily stay in ketosis (if that's your goal) with a relatively high protein intake as long as you remain fairly active on a regular basis.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    I've never had lamb. Now I want to try it.
    Never had lamb?? *faints*

This is utterly inexplicable to an antipodean! Right, you have to come down and visit us, and I'll make you a lovely roast leg all yummy and browned and fatty on the outside and juicy and pink on the inside.

Damn, now I want meat. And it's only breakfast time. Off to cook a steak anyway...
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast