Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat MOAR meat! page 5

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I also notice that I feel good when eating a decent amount of meat.

One difference now, though, is that I'm trying to reduce the amount of muscle meat that I eat in favor of organs, bone broths, and seafood, and supplementing with gelatin when I do eat a big portion of muscle meat. I think that getting excessive amounts of tryptophan and cystein from muscle meat is probably not such a good thing.

Funny thing is that my husband tends to feel better when he cuts back on his meat consumption, even though he loves it.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Good article. Some are already Primal and some can be Primalized fairly easily.

Fisherman's Eggs sound yummy. I'd add a sliced tomato. Seanuts sounds awesome except of course ditch the peanuts and add real nuts. I make fish cakes, but never thought to make them with canned sardines. Their recipe calls for bread crumbs, but you can leave that out and use more potato and eggs. Chilling them before frying helps keep them together.

Dang, Halloween is over. I want an excuse to make Seanuts.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Mmmmm organs, I think I shall be buying some today, the OH dosn't like the taste, but sod it I'll just eat it by myself.

What's more I've just had my breakfast of just under a pound of ground beef (well over 20% fat) made into burgers - now I feel really satisfied mmmmmm.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    in favor of organs, bone broths, and seafood, and supplementing with gelatin
    I had some beef liver one day, it was fantastic! DH wont eat it. He remembers as a kid not liking it. I didnt either but now I enjoy it. I have to remind myself though, to eat it at least once a week. Trying to work it into my routine. I had chicken gizzards last night. I finish them off in a braise for at least an hour, last night I used balsamic for the braise. They are so tender that way. No grizzle to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Their recipe calls for bread crumbs, but you can leave that out and use more potato and eggs. Chilling them before frying helps keep them together.
    Using tators! I never would have thought of that. Thanks for the tip! And chilling is a great idea also. I just usually dont think far enough ahead but will try
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Chris_H is offline Senior Member
    More meat works wonders for me too. Lately I have been eating a lot of wild game, since I have some deer and elk in my freezer that is getting a bit old (I vacuum pack everything, and have not seen any issues with 2 years in storage, but it usually doesn't last that long). I feel like I make the biggest strength gains on the weeks where I eat more meat.

For breakfast today, I had some deer steaks sprinkled with coconut flour and pan fried in kerrygold with a couple of scrambled eggs and some wilted spinach.
    Male, 32y, 6'0" tall
    SW 306lbs (6/1/12)
    CW 244lbs (1/17/13)

BP down from 120/80 to 110/74

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    a pound of mussels in a garlic butter sauce with a side of green beans.

Yay MEAT!
    Oh my that sounds delicious! Mussels are one of my absolute favorite seafoods.

Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    Funny thing is that my husband tends to feel better when he cuts back on his meat consumption, even though he loves it.
    Isn't that weird. My man swears he does better eating oatmeal. Okay, whatever.

I had chicken liver and broccoli for breakfast yesterday. Lately I've been eating pretty much just meat, vegetables and some kind of potato and I feel great. Not much fat there, but I don't go out of my way to avoid fat. I've sorta become almost 100% paleo by accident.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    I could probably eat nothing but ground beef, liver, eggs, potatoes and sweet potatoes every day for the rest of my life and be perfectly happy. I loves me some meat and potatoes.

Although I am glad I have the opportunity to eat other stuff, too. But it's a nice bonus rather than a necessity.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member

Last night's dinner
    Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    ^ Slobber!
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I never cut down on my meat consumption when doing really low carb. When reading and following Paleobird's "Eat Moar Fat" board I went lower carb and higher fat, but continued to eat meat at every meal and still lost weight. I need my meat! I haven't read through this whole thread, but agree meat is important and so is fat. I have been keeping my carbs low. I started this way of eating in January 2011 at 167 and now weigh 127!! Yeah!! I stalled for a very long time and when I went low carb, high fat, and kept my meat at every meal I started to lose again. Love it!

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast