Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat MOAR meat! page 3

dbalch is offline Senior Member
    Ahh, let me review my week in meat:

1) picked up locally raised lamb shanks and a pounds of ground lamb at farmer's market
    2) Got 2 lbs. of locally raised and processed bacon at another stand
    3) At yet another stand, tried out a pound of locally raised beef knockwurst. Delicious
    4) Drove over to my regular local farmer chicken supplier. This was the last processing day of the season. Picked up my six preordered chickens. Killed by Noon, in my freezer by 5 PM. Taste fresh as a daisy 3 months later. Sweet.

This stuff was not cheap food, my friends. I may be shelling out more now, but the alternative is paying three times that in health costs later.

dbalch is offline Senior Member
    Ahh, let me review my week in meat:

1) picked up locally raised lamb shanks and a pounds of ground lamb at farmer's market. Will make broth out of the bones.
    2) Got 2 lbs. of locally raised and processed bacon at another stand
    3) At yet another stand, tried out a pound of locally raised beef knockwurst. Delicious
    4) Drove over to my regular local farmer chicken supplier. This was the last processing day of the season. Picked up my six preordered chickens. Killed by Noon, in my freezer by 5 PM. Taste fresh as a daisy 3 months later. Broth until spring. Sweet.

This stuff was not cheap food, my friends. I may be shelling out more now, but the alternative is paying three times that in health costs later.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Lamb, to me, tastes like a lot of game meat. At least more so than beef or pork.

But most game meat is pretty lean. If I feel I want that gamey flavor but a fatty cut of meat, then lamb is a good option for those moments.
    hogget and mutton is way more flavoursome than lamb. i prob should eat make the effort to eat more lamb. and yes most game meat is lean. even wild pork altho you can get fat young wild pigs which are incredibly tasty.

Caveman_Sam is offline Member
    Hi sbhikes

congrats!

Have you been losing fat or decreasing weight? I'm interested because you may have gained muscle from higher protien intake and working out or - what often happens when ppl lose fat - you may have simply lost fat, look leaner, and therefore more musclar.

cheers

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WeldingHank View Post
    fish roe, I keep forgetting about that. Caught myself a good sized trout 2 weeks ago FULL of roe. Warmed it up with some butter and little garlic in a pan. Scrumptious!
    Fish roe is my favorite sushi. Both the smelt egg and the salmon roe. I love the way it pops in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    x2 on meat! My whole life was blurry before I actually put the focus on getting enough meat every day. Fat, yes, that helped a ton. But it wasn't until I upped my meat to the 1/2 pound to 1.5 pounds a day range that everything fell into place, my love handles disappeared and my mind settled down. That, of course, includes eating shellfish, fish, liver, skin, bones, etc.
    I've almost eaten a pound already today. Still got dinner to go.

Eating enough protein is a serious challenge for me sometimes. I spent 10 years as a vegetarian, and before and after that, I ate meat only sporadically. Most of my adult life has been in a fairly protein-deficient state. It's easy to drift back. When I remember to keep up the intake of meat, I feel better, my body looks better, I have better mental and physical energy. As much as I'd love to save all the furry and feather animals and just hug and kiss them, I've had to accept that I have to nourish myself or else I can't serve my best purpose in life. So I try to be grateful for the animals that lost their lives for me.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caveman_Sam View Post
    Hi sbhikes

congrats!

Have you been losing fat or decreasing weight? I'm interested because you may have gained muscle from higher protien intake and working out or - what often happens when ppl lose fat - you may have simply lost fat, look leaner, and therefore more musclar.

cheers
    When I said I gained muscle, I meant I gained it at the very start of going paleo. I gained it when I was still fat. I could see it forming. This was before I did any sort of strength training and the only thing I was doing was taking a walk around campus. I could see my biceps forming.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I've almost eaten a pound already today. Still got dinner to go.

I have better mental and physical energy.
    My protein today, not just all meat but mostly, is 131grams. About twice what I was doing trying to stay in ketosis, and I feel twice as good now also. I have had more pounds lost this month that last month, but more importantly I have had inches lost in places that hasnt moved since early July and some even longer.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

I fckin love meat. My husband is an incredible BBQ'r so this way of eating is perfect..but I've been trying to cut back on the meat lately bc everyone was saying too much protein causes stalls? Ugh. I know I just need to do my own thing but it gets confusing when you get stuck.. screw it,I have to go the meat market today & I'm gonna load up on the goods.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Is anyone in here under 10% body fat and can say they love meat and eat 5 servings a day with hardly any carbs
    That's a lot of if's and's and but's! I don't know my BF%, but I can see my abs. I usually eat a pound a day, you tell me what a serving is. I vary my macros from time to time, and sometimes do high-fat, high-protein very low carb (less than 20g carb) for days or weeks on end. Meat and fat made me thin, if that's your question. I lost ten pounds by increasing my protein after a long stall.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Mmmmm...meat. I think 1 lb of sirloin and 3 eggs will be my dinner tonight.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast