Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat MOAR meat! page 2

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    This is what I learned from PHD dude who is paleo/primal fan

Eat Protein and Carbs; Reduce Fat

This may surprise many readers, since we’re fat-friendly, but there should be no reduction in carb or protein consumption on weight loss diets. Calorie restriction should come out of fat.
    The Perfect Health Diet “plateau range” for carbs and protein is 600 to 1200 calories. Eating less than 600 combined carb+protein calories per day raises the specter of either protein deficiency (leading to hunger) or glucose deficiency (leading to zero-carb dangers).
    So if a typical daily intake is 400 carb calories and 300 protein calories, there’s really not much room to cut protein or carbs.
    Remember that the body doesn’t have a significant store of carbs; the body’s total glycogen supply amounts to about a day’s needs. Nor does it have a store of protein, apart from skeletal muscle; and you don’t want to lose your muscle.
    But it does have a large store of fat – those adipose cells that you want to shrink.
    So to conserve muscle and reduce fat tissue, you have to eat your normal allotment of protein and carbs while restricting fat intake. As long as there is no serious dysfunction of adipose cells, they will release fat as needed to meet the body’s fat needs. And that’s what you want – fat being moved out of adipose cells to be burned.
    So your calorie-restricted weight loss diet will be just as nourishing as your regular diet. Only the source of the nourishing fats – adipose cells instead of food – will be different.
    I also took these notes:
    eat 3 eggs per day
    ¼ beef or lamb liver per week
    1lb salmon per week
    beef & lamb good choices
    1lb safe starches per day

This is for weight loss and it seems to work for me.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

otzi Guest
    This will be the least contested thread ever! Love it!

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Mmmmm...meat-tastic!
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I no longer calorie restrict, either. In fact, I lost all the weight I did without calorie restriction and any time I did try any calorie restriction I never lost any weight. So I simply refuse. I eat as much as my hungry belly wants. I feed it meat, both fat and lean. However it comes is how I eat it. I have days when I want the lean. I have days when I want the fat. I just go with it. I've never felt better. The potato thread was really helpful for me as it seems that white potatoes really agree with me immensely. Since adding them in, I am less hungry and leaner. But only potatoes and nothing else is not something I'm interested in because my hard-won excellent health and vitality is too precious to squander on a lengthy hack.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    with you here. i prefer beef to lamb. i prefer wild pork to farmed pork. love game meats the best. yes to eating seafood every day too but not out of cans as i can get it fresh. i would say branch out and try things you dont normally eat. different types of offal, different seafood, fish roe etc. the kids like chicken lots and they prefer lamb to beef. i eat everything except chicken and pork medium rare or even rare. i love all the sun dried meats, carpaccio, even just straight raw steak.

i definitely find eating the whole animal is what works for me so i dont just live off fillet steak. i would also rather eat roadkill than go back to being a vegetarian.

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    with you here. i prefer beef to lamb. i prefer wild pork to farmed pork. love game meats the best. yes to eating seafood every day too but not out of cans as i can get it fresh. i would say branch out and try things you dont normally eat. different types of offal, different seafood, fish roe etc. the kids like chicken lots and they prefer lamb to beef. i eat everything except chicken and pork medium rare or even rare. i love all the sun dried meats, carpaccio, even just straight raw steak.

i definitely find eating the whole animal is what works for me so i dont just live off fillet steak. i would also rather eat roadkill than go back to being a vegetarian.
    fish roe, I keep forgetting about that. Caught myself a good sized trout 2 weeks ago FULL of roe. Warmed it up with some butter and little garlic in a pan. Scrumptious!

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Lamb, to me, tastes like a lot of game meat. At least more so than beef or pork.

But most game meat is pretty lean. If I feel I want that gamey flavor but a fatty cut of meat, then lamb is a good option for those moments.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I no longer calorie restrict, either. In fact, I lost all the weight I did without calorie restriction and any time I did try any calorie restriction I never lost any weight. So I simply refuse. I eat as much as my hungry belly wants. I feed it meat, both fat and lean. However it comes is how I eat it. I have days when I want the lean. I have days when I want the fat. I just go with it. I've never felt better. The potato thread was really helpful for me as it seems that white potatoes really agree with me immensely. Since adding them in, I am less hungry and leaner. But only potatoes and nothing else is not something I'm interested in because my hard-won excellent health and vitality is too precious to squander on a lengthy hack.
    I find some days I am probably well under maintenance caloric intake, some days I am well over. I just follow my body's hunger signals. It seems to balance each other out. The number of days I am under vs. being over seems to keep me on an even keel personally.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WeldingHank View Post
    fish roe
    ? that's a new term for me

oh. fish eggs. Yes I love fish eggs! Havent had any in a looooong time. We stocked our pond last spring, so maybe next year
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    x2 on meat! My whole life was blurry before I actually put the focus on getting enough meat every day. Fat, yes, that helped a ton. But it wasn't until I upped my meat to the 1/2 pound to 1.5 pounds a day range that everything fell into place, my love handles disappeared and my mind settled down. That, of course, includes eating shellfish, fish, liver, skin, bones, etc.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast