Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Eat MOAR meat! page 12

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Many vegetables of the brassica type are flowers and flowers are just pre-fruit.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Many vegetables of the brassica type are flowers and flowers are just pre-fruit.
    Yeah, so for the working definition from the site "Vegetables are any plant parts that are not fruits, seeds, or flowers. Vegetable parts include roots, tubers, bulbs, stems, and leaves. Plants want animals to eat their fruits (and interact with their flowers and seeds), but plants need to protect other body parts–their vegetable parts— from predators, so it can survive. I would argue that plants do not want their vegetable parts to be eaten."

I know when I grow broccoli for instance that they actually do not flower and proliferate if you pick and eat the broccoli first (this is the bud right?...not sure how it fits into her theory). Her tidbit on that thoughhttp://diagnosisdiet.com/why-broccol...ucifer-family/.

Again I'm not telling anyone not to eat veggies.....just make sure you eat the meat too, cause I'm not sure the veggies are gonna save you
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 11-15-2012 at 02:49 PM.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Anyhow....tonight is 1.2 pound of pork steak. If I'm hungry after that I'll think of something else I suppose.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112