Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Eat MOAR meat! page 11

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I ran by this site and thought it might make a good addition to the MOAR meat thread. Vegetables Diagnosis: Diet. Makes a good argument for the meat and fruit diet .
    Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by gopintos; 11-15-2012 at 08:06 AM.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

OneDeltaTenTango is online now Senior Member
    I ran by this site and thought it might make a good addition to the MOAR meat thread. Vegetables Diagnosis: Diet. Makes a good argument for the meat and fruit diet .
    Maybe this has something to do with the challenge of getting kids to eat their vegetables. Maybe they know something we have forgotten.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Many vegetables ARE fruit.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Most of my favorites seem to be
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeltaTenTango View Post
    Maybe this has something to do with the challenge of getting kids to eat their vegetables. Maybe they know something we have forgotten.
    This is my kids exact diet TBH....they eat fruit, eggs, and meat. Thats really about it. The one will eat a few things directly from the garden...I suppose better taste and the novelty of eating what he grew. The other....forget about it.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 11-15-2012 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Yeah vegetables in this sense would be the plant itself....so if it has a seed that you may be helping to spread then its likely the fruiting part and its purpose in life is to be ingested or carried to another area to proliferate. Quite different from spinach, lettuce, and brassica family plants. So yes cucumbers, tomatoes, eggplants, and squash are actually fruits in this sense.

Paleobird Guest
    I love her blog! Thank you, Neckhammer.

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    I dunno Neckie, I'll still eat my veggies in my opinion. It's an interesting theory though, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    I dunno Neckie, I'll still eat my veggies in my opinion. It's an interesting theory though, I guess.
    Actually so do I. BAS for lunch today...double helping of salmon . I find this theory interesting in respect to a couple of things. One is that I find her writing much clearer than Ray Peat's. That is to say....I can see in some respect how certain people not thriving on standard paleo switch to a Peat protocol and then feel better. Seems more likely to me that these could just be individuals very sensitive to the toxic substances in vegetables and particularly the brassica family. So they get rid of that and start ingesting fruit instead....their you go. Nothing magical about the fruit sugars, except that they replaced toxic (in their individual instances) substances with non-toxic calories. Anyway, I just thought a few things kinda clicked for me after reading it.

Paleobird Guest
    PrimalCon New York
    "Neckie" <snort>

Anywho........

I still eat vegetables too but only when I feel like it. I don't feel the need to make every meal "balanced". Sometimes I am feeling the BAS, sometimes I only want the steak.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast