Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Eat Your Vegetables page 5

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    To the contrary, I enjoy veggies just fine but can also go months without eating them and never miss it. Got to cook them or I get the runs from most veggies. Even now, the only veggies/plant foods I'm eating are:

Frozen organic spinach
    Vit D mushrooms
    Avocados (but not this week, need a break from them after two years of daily consumption)
    Sweet potatoes (this week for the first time in a long time, carbing up for winter)
    Onions
    Berries
    Canned olives
    Apples
    Occasional gathered wild greens like nettle and dandelion
    Occasional seaweed

I eat all of those generally in small amounts, cooked, and on the side, and can do without them if I'm in a hurry. I'm happy on meat/organs/fish, bone broth, a variety of fats, eggs, etc. I usually set aside two or three days a week and eat little more than a pound of bacon and a few eggs, maybe some oysters each day.

I generally meet most of my mIcronutrient needs this way, while green tea and the green apples help my skin the same way a bowl of kale used to - but without the diarrhea.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    I often wonder if it's related to the jarred baby food instead of feeding babies real food. My children never had jarred baby food. Just cooked whatever we were making for dinner a little longer and put it on their high chair tray to eat. They got to taste REAL food right away.

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    If someone really cant stand veggies they can follow Demuralist's lead and add them to a smoothie. I like frozen strawberries, chunk of frozen banana, fresh kale, fresh spinach, and cooked yam mixed with whey protein and water. Sometimes I add a bit of almond butter.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    My aversion to salads when I was little came from my intense hatred of lettuce. Other vegetables I can eat just fine, I never even though of them as vegetables. For me "vegetables" = lettuce, so I found myself saying I hated vegetables when I only just couldn't stand lettuce salads.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    My aversion to salads when I was little came from my intense hatred of lettuce. Other vegetables I can eat just fine, I never even though of them as vegetables. For me "vegetables" = lettuce, so I found myself saying I hated vegetables when I only just couldn't stand lettuce salads.
    +1. Iceburg lettuce is tasteless and very low in nutrition. As for Dark green leaves such as spinach, rucola, watercress, baby chard in a quality dressing, well it's a very different story. I like lambs lettuce too.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345