Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eat Your Vegetables page 3

Timthetaco Guest
    Shop Now
    There aren't many non-starchy vegetables I like enough to consume regularly. Shame people don't think of starchy vegetables as real vegetables and then judge you for not liking cabbage.

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    What's your favorite starchy vegetable Timthetaco ?
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Timthetaco Guest
    Potatoes!

BygoneCat is offline Member
    I feel about this the way I felt when my kids told me they didn't like brushing their teeth - "Get used to it. You're going to be doing it twice a day for the rest of your life."

When my kids were little, they didn't like all veggies. They were served them anyway. No desserts unless they ate their lunch and dinner, which always included fruit and veggies. They complained at times, sure. Today? One of the first things my kids reach for when they come home is fruit and/or veggies. It's harder for them to afford now that they are on their own and I always have plenty.

I canot eat raw brassicas (broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower). So I cook them. My youngest, who is 12, finally likes collards because my husband found a way to cook them (carmalized onions in butter, cider vinegar) that he likes.

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    People, no need for psychology - roasted meats, chocolate and berries taste better.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    The American processed foods turns our appetites into babies. All that sweet, creamy, milky, mushy instant gratification.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

patski is offline Senior Member
    Cooked in delicious fat, I don't see how anyone could NOT eat their veggies.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Try going "predator" for a while. No processed crap, just quality meat. Soon you'll CRAVE veg.

My fiance didn't like:
    -mushrooms, fried them, he liked
    -broccoli, when topped with a fatty, salty sauce, he liked
    -chopped tomatoes, with egg, he sorta tolerates
    -swede, with pepper, he tolerates

I didn't like:
    -brussel sprouts, was told Xena ate them, I liked
    -raw broccoli, with Paleo mayo, I like
    -onion, caramelized, I liked

You get the idea. There's something for everyone. I'd choose a sweet potato with butter and salt over a chicken hind-quarter!

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Kochin, one probably shouldn't eat broccoli raw.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    It's actually fine for you raw, as long as you get it clean and chew it thouroughly. Cruciferous veg (broccoli, sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage, kale...) are all healthy raw and some nutrients are more accessible raw, provided your stomach acid is strong enough. Of course, other nutrients are more accessible cooked, so it's worth eating sometimes raw, sometimes cooked.

I've eaten raw cauliflower and cabbage for a while, but wanted to try broccoli. Didn't mind the crown or leaves, but the stalk was vile. Then I realised: I usually eat cabbage or cauliflower stalk COATED in some form of home-made dressing. Tried that, it worked.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast