Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat Your Vegetables page 2

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm pretty sick of all these recent threads whining about hating vegetables or not wanting to eat them honestly. You're an adult. You don't want to work either but you have to. Suck it up, do it, and quit whining.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Diana Renata is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    I'm pretty sick of all these recent threads whining about hating vegetables or not wanting to eat them honestly. You're an adult. You don't want to work either but you have to. Suck it up, do it, and quit whining.
    Exactly. Grown adults sounding like 5-year-olds.
    Seriously, is this what our society has turned into?I

I swear, I'd never marry a guy who wasn't man enough to eat his veggies- lol. Or, if I did, I'd bash him in the skull every time I heard him whine about not liking vegetables.

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Seriously.. if you think veggies are that bad...your doing it wrong

Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Loneketo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    Seriously.. if you think veggies are that bad...your doing it wrong

+1 Rather eat that by my own hands

McChronagle is offline Junior Member
    pet peeve: when anybody tells me they dont eat salad. i just want to facepalm and walk away. if you eat veggies but not in salad form its one thing but i usually hear this when i try to get anti vegi people to try it out.

madog is offline Senior Member
    can't think of anything better than a dish full of mediterranian roasted veggies, drizzled in olive oil with oregano...goes with anything

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cyro_349 View Post
    lol, I misread that as "Eat the vegetarian", my first thought was - well that's one way to get your veggies...
    And a preferred one for carnivores. Why do people think that only men despise vegetables. Aren't felines carnivores.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I with you all on the whiny baby complainers who won't eat their vegetables. If it's really that bad to you, make a casserole. Or make them mashed with lots of butter, salt and pepper. Mashed cauliflower, mashed celery root or rutabaga is really tasty.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 175 x 3. Current Deadlift: 225 x 3

JennGlob is offline Senior Member
    I am so glad someone had the nerve to say this, finally! It is so crazy to me, that a person can get to adult age and not have at least a handful of veggies they can start out trying. I get that brussel sprouts (sp) are scary, but really; carrots? Broccoli? Can't have chunks in tomato sauce? Seriously, lets develop a little more sophisticated palette.
    Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
    Current weigh 126

www.jenniferglobensky.blogspot.com

Jennifer

sarasue624 is offline Senior Member
    I think probably a lot of us have some sort of bad reaction to a particular type of vegetable - for me I have to be really careful with raw veggies and cole crops or tummy gets upset! When you're a kid a bad reaction to a couple vegetables, especially if it's several days in a row means you're going to reject eating all veggies in an "I don't want that, Mom" sort of way, without critical thinking/reasoning/explanation of why. Then Mom forces us to eat said veggies that are giving us tummy aches.

Then we turn teenager and suddenly have control of our own diets, don't eat said veggies and no longer get tummy aches. To justify not eating them we say we just "don't like veggies."

That lingers into adulthood. For some people I think there's a leftover emotional/physical reaction to the idea of veggies, a bodily remembrance of feeling bad from eating them or the emotional stress of being made to eat them. And, as a result, being afraid to try new veggies, or the old ones fixed in a different manner.

All of this explanation does not mean your spouse or random person on a forum board shouldn't tell you that you're not a kid anymore, (wo)man up and try some veggies!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast