Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Amy's Frozen Dinners page 3

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Not only is corn a grain, but more than 85% of the corn grown in the U.S. is genetically modified. As a food, corn in this country isn't fit for consumption by anyone except a Monsanto or FDA executive.

One of the hard truths about eating whole, unprocessed foods
    Yep. let's feed Monsanto's crap back to them.

"Whole and unprocessed" does not mean Primal. Vegans eat whole and unprocessed foods too. (sorry, pet peeve of mine.)
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    Yep. let's feed Monsanto's crap back to them.

"Whole and unprocessed" does not mean Primal. Vegans eat whole and unprocessed foods too. (sorry, pet peeve of mine.)
    Not a prob. I get the distinction. But I consider vegans comrades in arms or at least comrades in purchasing power. I may not agree with a meatless existence, but I certainly agree with eating food sustainably grown/raised. They may not consider me as such since I do eat other living creatures, but if we take one idea: that of no longer accepting factory-made food as anything but substandard, we're all in this together.

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Where do you suggest I buy corn considering that?
    I would suggest only eating corn seasonally from local producers. Of course, I live in Alberta so every year we have a mass influx of the local stuff.

shelbyeagle143 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    I would suggest only eating corn seasonally from local producers. Of course, I live in Alberta so every year we have a mass influx of the local stuff.
    Good idea! and wow you're lucky. I love seasonal food

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Good idea! and wow you're lucky. I love seasonal food
    Well... kind of. Right now, the only thing that's locally produced is beef. :P Ah, ski season in October.

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shelbyeagle143 View Post
    I didn't think about it that way. I suppose corn is a grain. I am new to this website so feel free to correct me
    In all seriousness, you should read the book.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Barefoot Gentile is offline Senior Member
    I love the burritos!

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What does Amy's offer beyond quick and convenient?

The brutal reality to this primal way of eating is that the most reliable and nutritious food is food you source and prepare yourself. It doesn't have to be complicated or difficult or time consuming, but there IS a learning curve if you've never cooked real food from scratch before.

Learning a few good recipes, making big batches, and freezing them in meal-sized portions will give you some of the quickness and convenience you're looking for.

The corn veggie/grain debate continues. Either way, its likely GMO especially in commercially prepared foods, which is reason enough to avoid it. In the meantime I avoid it except when local corn on the cob is in season, or the occasional bag of organic tortilla chips. Or movie popcorn once or twice a year
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123