Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Veggie-free Primal?! page

tori is offline Junior Member

Veggie-free Primal?!

Shop Now
    Hello! I started my Primal Transition about a week ago and it is going really well! My husband is interested in the change as well except, we have one little problem. He does not like veggies. Well that is not entirely true, he will eat lettuce and spinach and that is it. He will eat tomato sauce if there are no chunks in it. So, does anyone have any suggestions on how we could go about this? Any advice or experiences with similar situations would be greatly appreciated!!

andi c is offline Junior Member
    this may not help, but try buying a julienne peeler (theyre about 9 bucks for a nice set of three nifty magnetic ones, including a ribbon peeler, at Target) and using it to shred up some zucchini and yellow squash. Saute these in (whatever fat you like, I like coconut oil or olive, or even kerrygold butter if you are including some dairy)...I eat them cooked like this, Ive been known to destroy numerous squash this way... dont forget the salt and pepper and garlic too. if you make a really good meat/tomato sauce to top this he MIGHT not hate it? My son is the odd eater in the house so I have to get creative for him too. Good luck!!!!!

sarasue624 is offline Senior Member
    Here's the in-your-face-you're-acting-like-a-child answer: How long has it been since you tried eggplant or kohlrabi? I'm going to cook a small portion of one type of vegetable every night (or couple nights) and we're going to find out what you like as an adult. It'll be fun!

I know nothing about him, but when people claim they "don't like veggies" I usually find out that they have never really tried anything except the normal carrot/broccoli/peas type veggies steamed. Ugh. I don't like those either! Also, a lot of times this is a holdover from being forced to eat x veggies as a child - tastes change.

Cover the early veggie side dishes with sauces - curries, cheese if you're doing dairy, enchilada, chili, tomato, gravy, etc. Gradually work into veggie dishes that aren't necessarily covered with sauce (but are covered with butter or coconut oil!)

Jena is offline Senior Member
    Well. You can get tomatoes in him at least. I make a chunkless salsa that is blended with onions, garlic, and jalapeņos to put on my eggs. Maybe kale chips? Otherwise I suggest a lot of spinach salads
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

jkr
    jkr is offline Senior Member
    He's probably not actually interested, just saying what he is "supposed" to say.

If he is interested and wants to try things, try kale saute'd in bacon grease and served with bacon. You almost can't go wrong with it.

If it's a texture problem but he really does want to try, then look into a couple options: 1. Something like a paleo version of Deceptively Delicious or 2. GAPS diet. It was developed for super picky autistic children that like to live on bread and cheese. After about 4 days, he WILL eat. Promise. Since he is an adult, it has to be his decision.

joshugrady is offline Junior Member
    I eat them cooked like this, Ive been known to destroy numerous squash this way

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    Spinach is one of the most nutrient dense vegetables.

So where's the problem?

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tori View Post
    He will eat tomato sauce if there are no chunks in it. So, does anyone have any suggestions on how we could go about this?
    Is he 4?

Take away the X-Box?

shep68 is offline Senior Member
    If he wants to go primal, he's gonna have to eat veggies. It's part of the deal, and it's that simple. The above suggestions seem pretty good to me.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Tell him if he wants to skip the veggies he's going to have to eat liver, heart, intestines to get his vitamins and minerals. That might change his mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast