Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Veggie-free Primal?! page 2

Farfalla is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    While I agree that his attitude is a bit childish, you clearly can't tell him to grow up - that would be counterproductive. He needs to be eased in it.

Serve pureed vegetables and keep him out of the kitchen when you cook. Make shepherd's pie with mashed cauliflower instead of potatoes (or combine the two). My husband eats a sufficient quantity of raw vegetables but balks at cooked ones. When I last made shepherd's pie, I used cauliflower only, with a sprinkle of turmeric to make the color more potato-like. I also added a generous dose of grated cheese in the mixture. He thoroughly enjoyed it and was very surprised when our guest commented that the cauliflower was awesome.

Last week I made this awesome meal. I used the orange Hokkaido squash. Squashes and pumpkins are very high on my husband's ignore list. Or so he says. While he didn't rave about the recipe (unlike me), he ate the whole portion without any protests, and we had the leftovers on the subsequent day. I need to make this a couple of times before I break the news to him. I also plan to use squash as a thickener for other meals because I loved the texture.

Meatballs are a great way to hide some veggies (e.g. finely chopped leek), too.

Good luck!

Farfalla is offline Senior Member
    Another recipe that usually works well with picky eaters: finely shredded red beets, carrots and apples (about the same quantity of each), seasoned with lime juice and (optionally) with grated ginger. In case the carrots are on the bitter side, I add a teaspoon of honey, but most of the time it is not necessary.

tori is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for all of the great suggestions!!

patski is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Adults who won't eat their veggies worry me.

Vegetable, meat fat.

Roast. Fry. Sautee.

OM NOM NOM.

Where's the problem?!!?
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12