Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Miki's Journal page

mcestnik is offline Member

Miki's Journal

Primal Fuel
    Hello all,

I've been teetering on following the PB/falling in to old habits for a couple weeks now. My husband bought the book at the beginning of the year and I've kind of been following him since then. I haven't really gotten serious about the eating plan yet though. I joined FitDay and have been kind of reading and posting on the forums there and I think I give up. I feel the need to argue with all of them on their weight loss views so I came here to be around people who share the same views and I can get some advice from. So here is how Day 1 of my new journal went:

B: Broiled Chicken with Garlic & Herb Mrs. Dash (This is my favorite food and it is easy to eat at work since I don't mind it cold if I don't have time for breakfast but feel hungry)
    L: Pork Chop and a few Strawberries
    S: Celery
    D: Spinach salad with chicken and bacon and a bunch of veggies. I put a TBS of ranch dressing on it. I love salads, but I think dressings are going to be hard to let go of.

Workout: (I like this part, working out has always been fun since I am a generally competitive person and I have a goal of throwing shot and disc in the state games in June)
    Lifts:
    Squat: work towards 5 rep max (ended at 140 lbs)
    Bench: work towards 5 rep max ( ended at 295 lbs)
    Dips: 3 sets of max reps (13,9,8)
    Conditioning:
    8 - 40yrd sprints

So I just noticed that I got my Bench and Sqaut backwards... 295 on Squat and 140 on bench. I can't imagine what I'd look like if it were the other way around!

Today was a pretty good day, I think. I fasted for 18 hours, from dinner last night at 6 to lunch at noon today. I am the maid of honor in a wedding next weekend and the dresses just got in today. It was such a last minute thing that there was no getting measured for them, just sending some lady some measurements I did myself. I was scared out of my mind that it wouldn't fit and it fits really well actually. I could lose a little in the mid section to be more comfortable in the dress, but I am pretty excited that I don't have to have mass alterations done.

B: Nothing
    L: Two beef patties, some veggies and some bacon
    S: I didn't get a chance to pack anything for work and I had to go pick up my dress so I didn't have time for one, but my stomach was really wanting something.
    D: Salad with mixed greens, tomatoes and mushrooms with some protein ice cream. (frozen berries, protein powder and a little bit of milk so it has a thicker consistency than a shake) I was addicted to ice cream and found that this is a pretty close substitute.

Workout: Today was an off day, so there wasn't any lifting, i just went to yoga class and came up to relax.

There was a little get together with everyone I work with Friday afternoon. It was a good time with events and a BBQ.

B: Broiled Chicken with Mrs. Dash
    S: little slice of Pineapple
    L: (around 3pm at the BBQ) two hamburger patties, 4 slices of grilled bacon and one one and a half brauts. There wasn't really anything else there I could eat. Plus 4 Light Beers throughout the afternoon. I really don't drink a whole lot at all, so this won't be happening again any time soon.
    S: nothing
    D: Grilled Talapia, brocolli, and a little salad.

Workout:
    noting structured today sicne I did a lot of walking and standing at the work outing. They had 3 stations of sporting clays to shoot at. They were set up with roughly a 1/4 mile in between each one. I walked between them and stood to wait for my turn while everyone else shot, instead of sitting down. My legs were fairly tired after the events were done.

We are busy people on the weekends with the activities that my husband and I are in. He had football practice Saturday so we travelled about 4 hours round trip for that.

B: Slept in, and it was awesome.
    S: Still sleeping
    L: Grilled Salmon, broccoli, and a salad
    S: Raisin, almond and sunflowerseed trail mix
    D: We went to Old Chicago and I found that the Chicken Rustica didn't sound horrible. It's a grilled chicken breast topped with this olive and tomato salsa like stuff and some steamed veggies (broccoli, bell peppers and carrots). I am trying to get consistent answers on what the actual nutrition value is, but they all vary. The Old Chicago website says that it has 850 cals with something like 40 grams of carbs, but they also say it comes with garlic bread. Both times i've had it now, it never came with garlic bread. The other sites I look at have 350-450 cals with only about 12-16 grams of carbs. I think that sounds a little better considering the ingredients. They all settle on the fat being roughly 20-23 grams with 15-27 of those coming from monounsaturated fats. They all have different amounts of protien as well, and the OC website doesn't even put protein on it's nutritional facts, just cals, fat, carb, fiber and sodium. Through my love of chicken and eating it all the time and weighing it most of the time I can say it was probably about 5 oz of chicken which is 30-40g of protein. So I think I am pretty safe eating this after a little bit or research. And that tomato olive stuff is amazing and I am going to look for recipes to make it myself, I think it would be great on other meats as well.

Workout:
    Day off, just walked around the mall and outlet shops for about 3 hours while my husband was in practice.

Sad to see the weekend go, but excited to get this week and next weekend (friend's wedding) over with.

B: Sleeping again
    S: Still sleeping
    L: Went to mexican restaurant for lunch and had steak fajitas. Ordered it without the tortillas so I just had the meat and veggies with some sour cream and lettuce.
    S: Pineapple slice
    D: Leftover Salmon with a salad

I also tried making some trail mix tonight since we are having one of our notorious food fest' tomorrow at work. Everything is celebrated by food where I work. It is quite annoying after you have 4 or 5 of them a month for birthday's, new arrivals, promotions, blah blah blah. Either way, I thought I would bring something interesting to eat.

Workout:
    Didn't lift today, but threw shot put for an hour then played 2 on 2 volleyball for an hour and a half.

Today felt like just another normal day. Had the food fest at work and I didn't give to temptations and didn't even crave any of the cookies and cakes that were there. It felt like my body's cravings are finally catching up with my mind telling me I shouldn't eat that. I made the primal trail mix and it was a HUGE hit. I love it and I think I am going to start making it more often as a snack for myself during the week at work.

Breakfast: two hamburger patties (from the food fest. They were left from the BBQ on Friday)
    Snack: handful of trail mix
    Lunch: Porkchop and salad
    Snack: handful of trail mix
    Dinner: Protein ice cream with blueberries and a bit of pineapple

Workout:
    Lifting: 3 sets of 5 Press (45, 65, 85lbs) and 3 sets of 5 Squat (135, 225, 275lbs)
    Conditioning: 10 rounds of: 1 arm dumbbell clean, front squat, press, front squat, press then switch arms.
    Threw shot put after we got home from the gym for about an hour.

Had a minor slip up today, but it was only a couple potato chips and not some 3000 calorie piece of cake or something.

Breakfast: Handful of cranberries and macadamia nuts
    Snack: Broiled chicken breast
    Lunch: Pork Chop and Avocado
    Snack: Slipped and had a couple potato chips and a cucumber
    Dinner: Steak with spaghetti sqaush and a salad

Workout:
    Didn't lift today, but spent half an hour working footwork on discus and shot put throws. It's pretty good cardio. Then I went to my yoga class for an hour. I've got until June 5th to get my form down. So I will probably not workout as many times a week so I can get outside to the rings and throw as much as possible.

Today was a pretty busy day at work, so I didn't get to snack. I was pretty hungry at meals but ate slowly so I didn't overstuff myself just because I felt hungrier than usual. I definitely felt stressed today though as I have a short work week so I am trying to get everything done early. I had a couple urges to go get some candy, but I stopped myself somehow. I hate how when I am stressed and my routine is thrown off I feel the need to eat candy. It isn't as strong as before, but still there.

Breakfast: 3 slices of bacon, 2 eggs
    Snack: none
    Lunch: Ate out at a mexican restaurant and had a taco salad with ground beef, lettuce, tomato and salsa.
    Snack: none
    Dinner: Fillet Mignon with a big salad
    Snack: munching on a few macadamia nuts while i type this.

Workout
    3 sets of 5 Squat (135, 225, 255) and 3 sets of 5 Bench (95, 115, 135). Conditioning was ten 40yrd sprints with minimal rest between. Then I went and threw shot and disc for about an hour after that. My progress is very good for only throwing for about a week now. I am already up to my PR's that I set in high school. i wish I would have had this determination and work ethic towards throwing back then. I could have probably done a lot better back then.

Catalina is offline Member
    Sounds like you're doing really well!!! How are you feeling?

I think that often, we just have a habit of thinking that candy (or chips or whatever) is what we really, really want at the moment, but if we take a few deep breaths, it passes. I think because those treats were a mood lifter at some point in the past, our brains just go there.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast