Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fat Gripz for which exercises? page 2

PrimalHunter is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone. Interestingly, I read the opposite advice on other sites (to use them for presses rather than pulls so your weak grip doesn't interfere with your workout). I'll use them for curls and rows for now, and see how it goes.
    "Don't go in there, General, it's a trap! That's a grain chamber. It makes people like you into people like me."

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalHunter View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone. Interestingly, I read the opposite advice on other sites (to use them for presses rather than pulls so your weak grip doesn't interfere with your workout). I'll use them for curls and rows for now, and see how it goes.
    stop reading those sites then. those people have obviously dropped heavy dumbells on their heads one too many times.

JohnnyNull is offline Member
    Sorry, I don't see what all the hand-wringing is about when it comes to presses. If anything, there's less stress on your grip than with, say, a deadlift. The damned bar would have to magically fall out of the grip and pass through your hand. Physics is your friend.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyNull View Post
    Sorry, I don't see what all the hand-wringing is about when it comes to presses. If anything, there's less stress on your grip than with, say, a deadlift. The damned bar would have to magically fall out of the grip and pass through your hand. Physics is your friend.
    you've obviously never seen in person or a video, someone have their grip fail while heavy pressing or benching. it happens. especially when big-boy weights are involved. i think i speak for the smart people here when i say don't compromise your grip with hundreds of pounds over your head. don't do it.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    you've obviously never seen in person or a video, someone have their grip fail while heavy pressing or benching. it happens. especially when big-boy weights are involved. i think i speak for the smart people here when i say don't compromise your grip with hundreds of pounds over your head. don't do it.
    Quoting because this needs to be posted twice, because advice to the contrary is dangerous, dumb, and wrong.

I use the Fat Gripz to do additional sets with lighter weights of certain exercises than I can do with them. So if I'm deadlifting, I'll do additional sets with the Fat Gripz after my heavy sets. You can't just toss them on your working weights and expect to be able to still execute the lift.

My favorite lifts to do with them are: Farmer's Walk, deadlifts (or 1 deadlift and then a hang), pullups (they fit nicely on some doorway bars), and bicep curls.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12