Thread: Making Ghee page

Catrin is offline Senior Member

Making Ghee

Primal Fuel
    How long does it take you to make Ghee? I've tried this twice and ran out of patience both times. My second results were better, but I think I turned it up a bit too high out of impatience and wound up with something that SMELLED very much like Ghee, but it was brown. I tried to strain it, and I've been using it with no problem, but I don't think it is quite right.

I think I got it right this time I made myself leave it on low, and just left it alone until it stopped bubbling/hissing, then strained it through a few layers of cheesecloth. It smells heavenly and is quite clear. Kind of looks like honey in a way. I think the last time I had browned butter that was on the verge of burning, but I think I actually have Ghee this time Trying to get away from all forms of milk...

I hope people can see this image, or at least click on it and check it out. I see it is pending approval...

Ghee.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Catrin; 10-29-2012 at 05:45 PM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I only uploaded one image but there are two on the page? It was the smaller one that I uploaded. The larger one was my original upload but I deleted it and cropped/resized the original to get the smaller image.

Also, my ghee this morning was a nice golden yellow and I used it to make eggs. That one package of Kerrygold ghee pretty much filled my Purity Farms small ghee jar - and it was about $3.5 cheaper AND no milk solids. I will take it! It did seem a bit softer than I expected, but I've not a lot of experience with ghee.