Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Intermitting 24 hour fasting page

melanj3 is offline Junior Member

Intermitting 24 hour fasting

Shop Now
    Hi everybody,

I have a question in regards to completing daily 24 hour fasting. Would it be beneficial for fat loss to fast daily, eating a large dinner once everyday at 6PM? I've been searching the forum and can't find information on doing this type of fast everyday verses once per week. I know it's recommended for a 16/8 but curious to a 24. If anybody has attempted this, what were your typical results or advice?

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    You should look up aomething called the "warrior diet."

This is basically how I eat now, minus the snacking that he seems.to recommend, so a strict fast plus one big meal. I don't force myself into ir though, it just seems to come naturally.

BeatlesFan is offline Member
    I've had some experience with this. I absolutely love it. I find that it makes it easier to budget for proper calorie amount because when I snack I lose will power and inevitably end up overeating. The only problem I found is that I end up daydreaming / fantasizing about food a lot but man let me tell you there is nothing more satisfying than a lb and a half of meatloaf after a 24-36 hour fast and makes it worth it. GO FOR IT! we evolved to eat this way

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Are you male or female? What are your goals? Only then can we help you decide if this style of eating might work for you.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    That's what I do and have done for most of my life because eating makes me sleepy. It works fine for me, but everyone us different. Have you tried fasting before? If not, it might be best to do 16/8 before you take the plunge.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

melanj3 is offline Junior Member
    I am female and I would like to lose 10lbs that has slowly increased over the past two years. I find if I snack then I'll overeat and when I eat meals I'll also over indulge. My eating patterns have been getting out of control lately no matter how I experiment with different eating patterns. I've started playing with the 16/8 in the last couple of weeks but I'm gaining slowly without thinking that I was over doing it at my two meal times. So now I've decided to try every 24 hours to see if I can start trying to control my appetite with a better understanding my triggers with the added benefit of additional fat loss. I hope that makes sense. Thanks for the replies, they really help with my decision to go for it.

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Take a gander at these explanations of the "warrior diet" for more info:

The Warrior Diet | KratosGuide.com
    Warrior Diet

Keep in mind that the diet's creator recommends a high fat/low carb paradigm so that you maximize fat loss and make the daily fasts easier to endure, but makes allowances for those of us who might need more carbs due to a high intensity workout routine or just in general, those of us who tend to be far more active than the norm.

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    I have done it for the last few months (although I would call it a 20 hr fast, not a 24 hr fast). My findings:

1. My hands and feet got cold at about 3pm each day.
    2. I felt down all the time (this may be unrelated, but is an additonal factor).

In the last two weeks I have started having an egg in miso soup for breakfast again, and I feel much warmer.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Fitness Wayne is offline Senior Member
    I do a 16 hour intermittent fasts 3 or 4 times a week with ease. I have only done one 24 hour fast and it wasn't that bad. I would like to do a 24 hour fast once or twice a month but I think every day is a little excessive. I see the 24 hour IF as one of those things that puts extra strain on your body, do it a little and you see a benefit but too much and you put too much strain on your system. What is wrong with 16 hour fast every day?

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Many females find that fasting does not help them with weight gain. You may need to alter what you are eating so you stop overeating. I also find that if I don't eat enough I gain weight. That may sound crazy, but you may want to track what you are consuming to ensure you are getting enough and your body hasn't decided to start holding on to everything.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast